Never Underestimate The Power of 'One'

Purple Ladybug (that's me) believes in the strong power of 'ONE'...one person, one smile, one hug or ? All it takes is 'ONE' thing to happen during your day to change the way you feel, it may be amazing or even heartbreaking. We face many 'ONE's each and every day, so join me as I take my future 'ONE' day at a time and write about my journey as a cancer conquerer and the 'ONE's in my daily life.

Saturday, April 30, 2011

Day 288 - 'one' hot car

sewing hats for the 'C' centre.  Another 15 done
and delivered
Yep, those jet cars give quite a flame! We went to the custom car show in abbotsford yesterday.  It's expensive to get in but fun, fun, fun.  There was a comet car display done by Ray's club he wanted to see.  It was done really well.  We drooled over many cars but I liked a primered white chev truck that was there.  Forget all those fancy shiny ones...
 this one had my name on it!

Halcie playing ping pong, she
can hardly reach the table!
Before we left for the show we got a phone call from the dr.'s office saying there was an opening for Monday.  We weren't sure what they meant but we were both hoping it wasn't to get my port in.  Unfortunately it was.  There was a cancellation at the Royal Columbian hospital for monday at 6:45 am! woohoo.  Wow, I get an additional 2 days off.  woohoo again.  Ray remembered to ask them about the training I need and she said she would have to look into it and call us back.  Anyways, I need the training before they install this thingy in my chest and they couldn't manage to find me a way to get it so the port installation for early Monday morning was cancelled.  Boy, were we disappointed...NOPE, NOPE, NOPE. 

I just haven't psychologically prepared myself for it yet.  Figured I had a few days to get my head around it.  So now I know I'm first on the list for cancellations I better get myself ready quick, quick, quick.  You know how that works, you prepare yourself and it doesn't happen.  It's like bringing a magazine to the dr's office.  If you prepare for the wait there doesn't seem to be such a long one. LOL

Gloria and George hanging out
while we get our photo shoot done.
My project is coming along.  The cab is on the engine of the train but I will be changing what I thought I was going to do for the engine part.  The next two sections of the train are finally coming together in my brain, so is the train station.  Today will be a run to Home Depot for wood, wood, wood and the start of re-designing the last part of the yard preparing for the base of the station.  At least I hope that's what I get done, that is if my back cooperates!

May your day be filled with sunshine, flowers and lots of inner peace.  I know that's my aim! ;-)

signed 'one' relieved that the appt was cancelled purple ladybug

1 comment:

  1. It will be a good thing in the long run. Here's to inner peace.

    ReplyDelete

It may be when we no longer know what to do, we have come to our real work, and that when we no longer know which way to go, we have begun our real journey.