Never Underestimate The Power of 'One'

Purple Ladybug (that's me) believes in the strong power of 'ONE'...one person, one smile, one hug or ? All it takes is 'ONE' thing to happen during your day to change the way you feel, it may be amazing or even heartbreaking. We face many 'ONE's each and every day, so join me as I take my future 'ONE' day at a time and write about my journey as a cancer conquerer and the 'ONE's in my daily life.

Monday, April 18, 2011

Day 278 - 'one' or two new additions

George the sock monkey and Gloria the
hippo enjoying a quiet moment by the creekside
to the family.  I'd like you to meet two new additions to the family.   Please meet George and Gloria.  George and Gloria met many years ago when they were only 15 and 18, they have been inseparable ever since.  

Perhaps I should tell you more about them...

Gloria is a crafty gal.  Constantly working on numerous projects at one time.  She gets into trouble sometimes biting of more than she can chew but eventually she figures things out, usually with help from George.

George loves to fix things.  There seems to be nothing that he can't fix.  Mind you...
 he sometimes has a few choice words to say when things don't go right.  Usually it's the 'F' word, Gloria hastily leaves the area when those words start to fly!

Together they plod through life day-by-day enjoying their little adventures here and there.  I hope you enjoy their escapades ;-)   These two this stuffies are near and dear to my heart because they were given to me by the most special people in the world, my girls' and their families of course!

Now can you tell I'm feeling better? What a nut!

It's funny the different paths life takes you.  Sometimes by choice sometimes not.  We think we are choosing our path but sometimes I wonder.  I wonder if your life is already written down somewhere.  If when we take the wrong direction your whole story gets re-written.  I wonder who wrote my story or yours and what direction will the next chapter take...hmmm

It seems like everyday I am surprised by how thoughtful people are.  I got an e-mail the other day from my sister in law saying that her granddaughter had her hair cut and someone at her school told her that she was growing her hair to give to her aunt that has 'C'...so Hailey would like to bring the hair she had cut off to her Aunti Vic.  That's so sweet, even the little ones are soooo thoughtful.

Well I just received a phone call that my CT scan will be Thursday.  It was kinda expected with my marker increasing.  This is great because with my Dr. appt next week the results will be in for my CT scan and a plan can be made for our next move.  woohoo ;-)

signed 'one' non-fatigued and enjoying life purple ladybug

No comments:

Post a Comment

It may be when we no longer know what to do, we have come to our real work, and that when we no longer know which way to go, we have begun our real journey.