Never Underestimate The Power of 'One'

Purple Ladybug (that's me) believes in the strong power of 'ONE'...one person, one smile, one hug or ? All it takes is 'ONE' thing to happen during your day to change the way you feel, it may be amazing or even heartbreaking. We face many 'ONE's each and every day, so join me as I take my future 'ONE' day at a time and write about my journey as a cancer conquerer and the 'ONE's in my daily life.

Friday, December 10, 2010

Bigger is NOT necessarily better

Keeping it simple!
Today I awoke with a LOT of energy.  Well to some of you it would not be a lot, but to me it was.  I knew I had energy when I started a to-do list of tasks for the day.  One of the things on the list was to plant my flower bulbs.  Dudley was the happiest...
 I've seen him in a long while when I asked him if he wanted to go in the garden...so cute!

For many years I have always wanted to plant bulbs, every year I buy a small bag or two but I have never planted them. So this year was the year.  I planted over 200 bulbs in my side flower garden which used to be my vegy garden.  I am anticipating a reason to celebrate [wink, wink] in the spring when the bulbs start popping through the dirt.  It took me two hours of easy work but did it ever feel good to get outside and smell the dirt.  I was tempted to make mud pies, perhaps another day! Now it needs to stop raining so they don't rot!

Needless to say after coming inside I was pooped! Nap time said Dudley and off we went.  My next big task for the day was to pull out the built in vacuum and suck up all my tumbleweeds[these are BIG dust bunnies], doesn't that sound exciting? I'm sure you all know by now how much I LOVE housework.  Well this vacuum has been a pain in the butt since it was installed. I have always told Ray it was designed by a man.  Its hard to pull out, move around and if you give it a good yank[get your mind out of the gutter] it gets stuck on objects throughout the house.  Whom ever thought that by making things bigger was better has never tried to maneuver the15 foot snake of a built-in vacuum. around a house.  Then there's the cloth cover that holds the cord to the hose...yep you guessed it, its like a X, nope can't say it.  This thing gets in the way, falls off and does nothing to help you get the job done, nothing.  Yep, built by a man ;-).

Overall today was another good day, I even washed my floors.  Tomorrow shall be more exciting as I start to deal with my little messes of projects throughout the house, this is the FUN stuff.

So the next time you are thinking that buying something bigger is better, think again.  Keep it simple and then you won't be having to pull and yank to get the job done. 

signed 'one' naughty purple ladybug

3 comments:

  1. Tumbleweeds, Love it. We had the cloth on the hose, switched to internal cord by chance, what a difference, it's the way to go. Can't wait to see all the spring flowers. I'll join ya' for mud pies soon! Miss ya' lots, big hugs.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the laugh. Always a joy to read.

    Love Brenda

    ReplyDelete
  3. teehee!!! ;)

    You know that I agree with your vacuum dilemma...but since I not only dislike vacuums but actually kill them, you will have your old friend the Oreck back soon. Dad can fix it up again for your tumbleweeds since it doesn't like mine. :P

    ReplyDelete

It may be when we no longer know what to do, we have come to our real work, and that when we no longer know which way to go, we have begun our real journey.