Never Underestimate The Power of 'One'

Purple Ladybug (that's me) believes in the strong power of 'ONE'...one person, one smile, one hug or ? All it takes is 'ONE' thing to happen during your day to change the way you feel, it may be amazing or even heartbreaking. We face many 'ONE's each and every day, so join me as I take my future 'ONE' day at a time and write about my journey as a cancer conquerer and the 'ONE's in my daily life.

Saturday, December 18, 2010

When life turns things up-side-down you hang things from the ceiling!

Well I wonder if I've finally gone over the edge? LOL. I was decorating my family room for Christmas and realized that there was a hook in the ceiling. hmmm, perhaps I can finally do an upside down Christmas tree! I've been wanting to try one for a couple years...
  Luckily enough I have small white tree in my storage room, now I have to figure out how to keep a folding tree from folding up when its hanging from the ceiling.  I strung the very bottom branches that now will be the top, and then attached each level of branch to the one level above it.  Does that make sense? Anyways it worked. 

I then decided to pull out all my little Christmas buildings and put up a display.  That took me awhile but I'm happy with it.  I had a lot of fun doing the family room but now I'm pooped. 

Usually every year I do a fairly big display outside...this year because of the concerns with me catching a chill, I have adjusted my thinking to cover the inside of my house with stuff.  I didn't realize I had so many decorations until I started pulling them all out and tried to find corners for them. Not enough corners in my house.

Life doesn't feel so upside down these days.  Except I can't see my grandkids =0(...so many flus and colds going around.  But this time next year, it will be a whole different story, I need to be patient and we all know that's not a strong suit of mine. 

My energy level is still really good.  I put away my box of pills yesterday and will have 3 weeks without trying to coordinate pills, maalox, exercise etc.  That definitely will be nice. 

So remember, when life turns you upside down...just start hanging things from the ceiling and everything will seem normal.

signed 'one' nutty purple ladybug

1 comment:

  1. ok, that's some pretty cool Photoshop work on that 1st picture, I'm gonna have to come over and see it for myself LOL. How do you keep it watered? And where do you put the Tree Topper? The Tree Skirt? Where do you plug in the lights? I am so confused. (That's nuthin' new) Love it!!

    ReplyDelete

It may be when we no longer know what to do, we have come to our real work, and that when we no longer know which way to go, we have begun our real journey.