Never Underestimate The Power of 'One'

Purple Ladybug (that's me) believes in the strong power of 'ONE'...one person, one smile, one hug or ? All it takes is 'ONE' thing to happen during your day to change the way you feel, it may be amazing or even heartbreaking. We face many 'ONE's each and every day, so join me as I take my future 'ONE' day at a time and write about my journey as a cancer conquerer and the 'ONE's in my daily life.

Sunday, December 12, 2010

We didn't do it alone!

Today I did what my Big brother suggested... just 'let it be'.  It felt great.  I began down the road of over analyzing my life and think'n just way too much!  That's the way things used to be.  But only when you feel glimpses of the past can you really appreciate the present. 

It's terrific when you have support around you that reminds you to practice what you preach... 
I wonder if others do the same.  Relax, enjoy, and look at all the blessings you have around you.  I read something in a book that talked about being grateful for everything you have.  Have you ever realized how many people helped you get where you are. 

Now most of you will say...'I'm the one that got me where I am, I had no help'.  Well, how many people needed to get together to build your home, your table, your TV, your car, and your clothes to name a few.  Its mind boggling thinking about how so many people contributed to our lives.  We don't even know them but they helped us to enjoy our day, travel to family, eat wonderful food and enjoy a warm place to live. I don't think we could even fit everyone that helped us get to where we are within these 4 walls or around the block for that matter.  Too many people to thank...but for you, 'thank you' for being part of our life and helping us get where we are today.  Without you we wouldn't feel so blessed!

I shall pass on my 'find' of the week.  A terrific recipe for Basil Lemon Drizzle.  I put it over brown basmati rice and wild salmon.  It even wowed Mr. Raymond and that takes some doing!  You will find the recipe details within the 'In the kitchen' tab.

signed 'one' relaxed purple ladybug

1 comment:

  1. I am horrendously bad at letting my mind rest, but I do feel very thankful for my family and friends! Thank you for blessing my life and helping me to smell the lavender along the way. :)

    The lemon drizzle must be tried soon, but I think I will be making some ginger snaps tonight! I will let you know how we like them!
    Love Cindy

    ReplyDelete

It may be when we no longer know what to do, we have come to our real work, and that when we no longer know which way to go, we have begun our real journey.