Never Underestimate The Power of 'One'

Purple Ladybug (that's me) believes in the strong power of 'ONE'...one person, one smile, one hug or ? All it takes is 'ONE' thing to happen during your day to change the way you feel, it may be amazing or even heartbreaking. We face many 'ONE's each and every day, so join me as I take my future 'ONE' day at a time and write about my journey as a cancer conquerer and the 'ONE's in my daily life.

Monday, December 6, 2010

Change takes longer than 'one' imagines.

Changing a empty field into a
lavender garden.
They say in general that when you are making new habits and changes in your life that you need to do it for a continuous 21 days.  I used to believe that but now I would say it takes 2 to 3 months and lots...
 of patience with yourself and persistence. 

I've been working on my 'whole food' lifestyle since September but I still got lots of cravings for the wonderful potatoe chips I love.  Yesterday I did try a few of my hubby's chips and found them disgusting.  What an odd flavor, the greasy after taste did not appeal to me at all. 
Plowing the rows.

This morning as I prepared for my morning routine it felt different.  I usually have my mindset thinking that I MUST get it done, this morning I was looking forward to it and what seemed like work before I saw as a blessing to be able to have the time to do it.  Yep the shift is happening.

I guess I've begun the process of reconnecting my brain cells to a new way of thinking about food and my life.  I no longer need to think about it, its becoming a natural way of living that I enjoy.

Test garden complete!
Everyday I try to think of what I need to add to my eating 'power' plan, today I am considering asking Santa for a grain mill for Christmas.  Yep, I'm still a control freak in some ways that will never change.  Now I can use it to my advantage.  My dream is to grow my wheat, and process it myself to show the grandkids how much work it takes to make a peanut butter and jelly sandwich.  That's growing the peanuts, raspberries and wheat ourselves.  I have everything I need to do it and since 2010 was kinda a weird year, I anticipate that 2011 will be full of planting and growing much more stuff at Lavenderville.  Since I already feel soooo much better.

My 'one' for today is just that 'today'.  I concentrate on the fun and moments of today and am relaxed enough to enjoy them. 

signed 'one' purple ladybug.

2 comments:

  1. Butterfly, about to emerge. Don't slow down, don't look back!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love how you make your dreams reality so often. You have definitely taught us to dream because they really CAN come true...

    I am excited thinking about freshly milled flour and the yummy bread...yes, I can almost smell it!
    Love Cindy

    ReplyDelete

It may be when we no longer know what to do, we have come to our real work, and that when we no longer know which way to go, we have begun our real journey.