Never Underestimate The Power of 'One'

Purple Ladybug (that's me) believes in the strong power of 'ONE'...one person, one smile, one hug or ? All it takes is 'ONE' thing to happen during your day to change the way you feel, it may be amazing or even heartbreaking. We face many 'ONE's each and every day, so join me as I take my future 'ONE' day at a time and write about my journey as a cancer conquerer and the 'ONE's in my daily life.

Wednesday, December 22, 2010

Discovering the Bean Dip in myself.

Wow...what a fun start to Christmas Week.  Got to see both my girls on Sunday...
 Monday went and got pics with Santa and the Clarks, yesterday we went and made lunch for my mom and had a wonderful dinner with some of my hubby's family. 

I was wandering around in the dark this am and started to think about some ideas for food to make for our Christmas Eve family gathering.  Asking myself what's something that everyone would like and I thought of bean dip.  Then I was thinking about all the layers it has and it dawned on me that bean dip is very much like me...filled with lots of layers.

Lets see...

Refried Beans - yep there are times that I am full of beans
Guacamole - green at the gills with nausea at times
Sour Cream - a little lumpy until I'm stirred up
Grated Cheese - fully of cheesy humour
and then the Olives - just plain weird and at the top of my game when necessary

LOL - see what I mean and then there's the after effect of the layered bean deep.  Yep, that's it, I'm full of hot air!

Weird humour aside, I hope you are enjoying every layer of yourself and realize that each layer is very special and makes up 'one' yummy person! I love all my layers, do you love all of yours?

signed 'one' excited purple ladybug.

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for the laugh! :) I don't know if I love every one of my layers, but I'm pretty sure I am stuck with them!

    I do know that I am now hungry for bean dip. :P

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the Santa picture!

    ReplyDelete

It may be when we no longer know what to do, we have come to our real work, and that when we no longer know which way to go, we have begun our real journey.