Never Underestimate The Power of 'One'

Purple Ladybug (that's me) believes in the strong power of 'ONE'...one person, one smile, one hug or ? All it takes is 'ONE' thing to happen during your day to change the way you feel, it may be amazing or even heartbreaking. We face many 'ONE's each and every day, so join me as I take my future 'ONE' day at a time and write about my journey as a cancer conquerer and the 'ONE's in my daily life.

Thursday, December 30, 2010

From the inside out!

Yesterday was a busy day.  We drove out to the valley to visit my family and when came home we began the process of taking our Christmas decorations down.  The result of all this excitement gave me 4 hours solid sleep last night, that doesn't happen very often so I feel 'almost' rested! LOL

As we began to remove the decorations...
 which still lie all over my house, I began to realize that I don't like change as much as I used to.  I used to find change exciting as new things come into my life but now I find it kinda sad.  Perhaps it's because I'm beginning to love everything about my life it's harder to make change.

I am now looking at life from the inside out, instead of the outside in. I do things because I enjoy them not because I will look good.  I make decisions on whether it will effect my healthy lifestyle not on whether it feels like I need to do them.  I decide to purchase something because it will help us continue down our chosen lifestyle not because it will look pretty.  I have actually left my boulevard unkept and untrimmed for months now, that was a hard one for me.  Letting go of the way I think things should look to the neighbours and not letting it eat away at me knowing that there are weeds growing that people can see. Now, aren't you glad you are not my neighbour? LOL

It's realizing that I am now more concerned with the way the inside of me feels than the outside of me looks.  I don't think about how the outside of me appears to others and how it will effect how they feel about me.  You know that old saying that people form an opinion about you in the first few seconds.  Now I feel like where that may be true those that take the time, which is more than a few seconds, to learn about me, who I am and what I stand for are the people that care about others from the inside out as well.

So the next time you make a quick opinion about someone remember that wonderful t-shirt you bought that looked terrific when you first saw it hanging in the store and then you washed it, it lost its shape and fell apart at the seams soon afterward.  Now think about your favorite pair of jeans...it's not how they looked on the outside that will make you happy, it's how they feel when you put them on and how long they will hang in there for the long haul which is our life.  Take care to choose the things in your life that will help you feel good from the inside out and not that temporary outside in. You will feel better for it in a long run, I know I do.

signed 'one' comfy purple ladybug

No comments:

Post a Comment

It may be when we no longer know what to do, we have come to our real work, and that when we no longer know which way to go, we have begun our real journey.