Never Underestimate The Power of 'One'

Purple Ladybug (that's me) believes in the strong power of 'ONE'...one person, one smile, one hug or ? All it takes is 'ONE' thing to happen during your day to change the way you feel, it may be amazing or even heartbreaking. We face many 'ONE's each and every day, so join me as I take my future 'ONE' day at a time and write about my journey as a cancer conquerer and the 'ONE's in my daily life.

Saturday, December 4, 2010

One different Christmas wish list this year...

Yesterday's chemo went well.  It's funny how whatever you think its going to be, that is, easy or difficult usually its the opposite.  Last session went so easy and fast that we hardly prepared for this one, we almost walked out of the house without my pills...
 

We are parking on the road these days trying to save some dollars, when you go sometimes three times per week the regular lot can cost us up to $11 per day.  That adds up quickly.  Well we came back to discover a parking ticket on the van, which we will be able to fight because the ticket was issued 10 minutes after our parking receipt was printed.  Thank goodness Ray keeps all the paper.

Then I usually get a double dose of atropine[sp?]to help my tummy settle but by tummy needed more help this time...so they gave me a double-double, sounds like I went to Tim Hortons!  At this point they tell you that you've had the most they can give you, any additional I would need would have to be approved by the Dr. or I would need to go to emergency.  But thank goodness everything seems to have settled. 

With all that excitement we've decided we will always prepare for anything when we go to a session, hoping that we won't need any of it! ;-)

Ray keeps asking me for a Christmas List.  It seems hard this year to come up with things to ask for.  Could it be that I've been buying kitchen gizmo's for the last few weeks! LOL.  When I was thinking about my list this am, my thoughts of what Christmas is all about came to the front of my mind.  My Christmas list will include a lot of hopes...I hope
  • that both my girls and their families can be all together at the house for some yummy food
  • that I get to hear the shrills and laughter of lots of kiddo's opening presents
  • that we take LOTS of memorable pictures
  • that I get to see my mom and ALL my brothers and my sister's families 
  • that I get to see LOTS of my hubbies family
  • that there will be snow at Christmas but the roads will be safe and clear
  • that all my baby lavender plants will survive the winter
  • that Ray starts working on his 'red' comet
  • that everyone stays well so they can come and visit - that includes you too Santa!
  • that I get to see or talk to my amazing friends during the season
  • that the great people I know who are having struggles with health issues this year, will know that they are loved and be well enough to enjoy creating some new memories of their own
  • and so much more...
It seems that my list is all about memories, fun and the things that are most important to me...my family and friends.  Its so easy to get busy with life and forget what really matters.  So easy.  Even though I've had experts tell me that my future is uncertain, that is true for everyone.  We just don't know what tomorrow will bring.  My blessing is that I am reminded with every pill, journal writing and blog that I write how important each day is.  So I start everyday thinking about what I REALLY want to do. The things I have to do usually manage to get done somehow, housework that is.  I know that many people are not as lucky as me and get to be running businesses from home but I hope you squeeze some time in your day to talk, visit and think about the importance of family and friends and enjoy the wonderful world of memories! Top of my Christmas list...creating memories! What will be on the top of yours?

signed 'one' tired purple ladybug

6 comments:

  1. That's what Christmas is all about Charlie Brown.

    Love Brenda

    ReplyDelete
  2. The real Christmas Spirit is in your heart. You have it, and you spread it all around you, wherever you go, better than anyone I know. Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  3. Does that mean I don't have to buy you anything?
    Love,Ray

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yep - no buying needed...just lots of time! easy eh?

    ReplyDelete
  5. I totally posted a comment this afternoon from my phone but it didn't like me and I lost it...no matter, I will try again!

    Your list looks a lot like mine. :) Except the one at the top of my list is, "Make Mom's Christmas wishes come true." Sniff. Geez you made me tear up twice. In any case, I just hope and pray that more than anything, you feel how incredibly loved you are this Christmas...and just soak it all up!

    On a less sentimental note, you do realize that you gave Dad permission to annoy the heck out of you with his photography gadgets, right? :P He has it in writing even!! I can just see his teasing grin as that sinks in... ;)

    Love Cindy

    ReplyDelete

It may be when we no longer know what to do, we have come to our real work, and that when we no longer know which way to go, we have begun our real journey.