Never Underestimate The Power of 'One'

Purple Ladybug (that's me) believes in the strong power of 'ONE'...one person, one smile, one hug or ? All it takes is 'ONE' thing to happen during your day to change the way you feel, it may be amazing or even heartbreaking. We face many 'ONE's each and every day, so join me as I take my future 'ONE' day at a time and write about my journey as a cancer conquerer and the 'ONE's in my daily life.

Thursday, December 9, 2010

My name is Vicki and I love the life that is found in a mess!

Yep, I admit it.  It gets me excited when a see a pile of stuff in my house, it means 'life' exists here.  A moving, real, challenging and purposeful life. Right now in my house you will find...
  • a pile of felted wool sweaters ready for cutting out little mittens
  • a pile of organic wheat grains, ready for milling
  • a pile of doggie toys waiting to be thrown and then chased
  • a pile of 'feel better' books waiting to be read
  • a box or two of fruit and vegy's waiting for new recipes
  • a mound of tools and foam waiting to be put in a new seat for the comet
  • a mess of dirt waiting to go into a flat for wheat grass
  • a box of empty TP rolls waiting to be made into fire starters
  • a pile of papers with scribbles trying to figure the best letter to write
  • a pile of sales papers looking for the best Christmas presents for the ones we love
Without these messes I would not see that life continues at a wonderful pace. At every turn within my messy house I see things to do and make.  I must take things out of the box and see them in piles to know how much I LOVE them and all the things they create. 

As you can tell its been a good day.  My brain fog begins to clear and I look forward to getting some stuff done amidst my messes.  I have always tried to think outside the box...now I realize that I must take everything OUT of the box first. LOL

signed 'one' messy purple ladybug.

5 comments:

  1. You'd love my place right now- there's a mess of Scout paperwork on my desk; a mess of Lego men attacking my kitchen counter; a mess of Claire's art, at least 50 pieces that I have found in her backpack this week alone; a mess of Christmas presents that need wrapping; a mess of clothes that need mending; a mess of socks looking for their mate; and a mess of laundry that needs washing! Love you, Mom!!! Thanks for teaching me that the messes don't matter; it's the time you spent with the people you love to make the messes that really matters:-). Xoxoxox Crystal

    ReplyDelete
  2. "Excuse the mess but we LIVE here." Rosanne Barr

    ReplyDelete
  3. Life is messy: especially the very best parts! Hope this one works! Love Cindy.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I try not to view it as a mess but more organised cunfusion.

    ReplyDelete

It may be when we no longer know what to do, we have come to our real work, and that when we no longer know which way to go, we have begun our real journey.