Never Underestimate The Power of 'One'

Purple Ladybug (that's me) believes in the strong power of 'ONE'...one person, one smile, one hug or ? All it takes is 'ONE' thing to happen during your day to change the way you feel, it may be amazing or even heartbreaking. We face many 'ONE's each and every day, so join me as I take my future 'ONE' day at a time and write about my journey as a cancer conquerer and the 'ONE's in my daily life.

Thursday, December 16, 2010

Good grief! Could I make 'one' thing any more complicated?

my new blog for my grandkids!
Yep...I'm still knead deep in breadmaking 101.  I am determined to understand everything before I try but really girl just start doing! Today I shall.  What's the reason I am making this soooo complicated for myself...
perhaps I'm making it way too important that I get it right! 

I had to figure out the 'instant yeast' I picked up, it works differently than the usual yeast you pick up at the store.  I wanted to find the best recipe for whole wheat bread by looking at reviews on line.  The thing about using 100% whole wheat flour in your bread is it usually comes out like a brick.  So getting the professional baker yeast and researching others that have tried recipes that turn out well should help me produce better bread, I hope! We will soon find out.

Life gets that way many times, making something more important than it really is.  Let's say my hair.  Yep it's still there but gradually getting thinner everyday.  You see when you don't grow new stuff eventually it gets pretty thin.  Nobody understands why I still have hair, the doctors, the nurses, other patients.  Ray says its because the pills are busy working on other things and doesn't have time to bother with my hair.  I loved all the positive messages I got on facebook about my Christmas 'All I want for Christmas is a little hair' song. 

Also in life we make what others say way too important.  We stop doing things because of others opinions.  Yep, that's what they are opinions.  Doesn't mean they are right, it's just the way they see things.  You see I've been told ever since I was a young'n that I have bad grammar.  Yep, bad grammar.  Not bad gramma, bad grammar.  I tried to improve when I went back to college but the more I studied the worse it became.  Teachers told me to stop studying it was getting so bad.  So when I was think'n about writing a blog all those 'opinions' came back to my brain. 

Well, as you noticed, I did it anyway.  Yep, I don't spell great.  Yep, my grammar is not the best, but Yep I did it anyway.  So even though it may not be 'right' at least I'm trying and those that have that opinion will always have that opinion.  I'm enjoy'n it anyways.  So it's more important that you try something and enjoy it than get it 'just right'.  Like my bread! I shall enjoy trying, whether it turns out right...well perhaps not the first time, but darn it the 10th time maybe.  Then there's the oh so yummy FRESH baked healthy bread.  Now doesn't that sound terrific!

signed 'one' I'm hav'n fun purple ladybug.




2 comments:

  1. Hi Vicky!
    One thing that I was advised to add when using whole grain flour (I use freshly ground wheat grain), is Dough Enhancer. It causes "Fluffier baked goods, Enhances natural flavor, and Increases dough strength and shelf life". I've use it in everything from biscuits to cookies, muffins, and bread. Now, I'm not a bread-maker...my aunt is, and she's the one who showed me this product in combo with the quick yeast. Anyways, have fun with it and get creative! My aunt adds in old yogurt, sour cream, potato water, stuff like that, and whatever grains she feels like throwing in. Enjoy the adventure!!!
    Deb :o)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Deb
    thanks! Are you referring to wheat gluten? I've never heard of dough enhancer. If they are not the same where would I find dough enhancer?

    ReplyDelete

It may be when we no longer know what to do, we have come to our real work, and that when we no longer know which way to go, we have begun our real journey.