Never Underestimate The Power of 'One'

Purple Ladybug (that's me) believes in the strong power of 'ONE'...one person, one smile, one hug or ? All it takes is 'ONE' thing to happen during your day to change the way you feel, it may be amazing or even heartbreaking. We face many 'ONE's each and every day, so join me as I take my future 'ONE' day at a time and write about my journey as a cancer conquerer and the 'ONE's in my daily life.

Wednesday, March 2, 2011

Day 231 - 'one' less than perfect

yep less than perfect, stealing a bit of Ray's
chocoloate cake.
we MUST all be that.  Less than perfect.  We all try to be that...perfect, but we need to be LESS than perfect.  What does being less than perfect allow? 

Being less than perfect allows us to need others.  Others who are less than perfect as well. We are meant to be less than perfect so can we share our needs with others and we get to help others as well. 
If we think we are perfect than we don't need anything or anybody and that just doesn't work. 

Imagine that this world fits together like a puzzle. Each piece of puzzle looks different, acts different and has unique attributes.  Alone it can accomplish little but together with the other pieces in the world it can accomplish much. 

Let's look at a need...feeding people.  Not everyone can cook, but we need a clean kitchen to cook good/healthy food.  Not everyone can communicate well but we need people that can give that can project that amazing smile that warms you from the inside out.  If we had a soup kitchen that was full of people that could only cook, we would have yummy food but it wouldn't feel like home. 

What am I yapping about...the usual obsession I have for wishing that others would except others as they are.  That people would not label, criticize or condemn those that are different.  That each person can look at another wondering what wonderful puzzle piece they fill in this world. 

Well I shall say it...I am so more than 'one' less than perfect and I am enjoying the process of learning that I can't do it all.  I am enjoying the idea that my family is all different and we work daily on accepting each other that way.  I feel sad for those that can't accept different and are afraid to be less than perfect because they miss so much of the pleasure and fun and working and needing others.

I hope for you that you realize that it's OK to be 'one' less than perfect. Because when you do so many doors begin to open and so will your heart.

signed 'one' sooooo less than perfect purple ladybug

1 comment:

It may be when we no longer know what to do, we have come to our real work, and that when we no longer know which way to go, we have begun our real journey.