Never Underestimate The Power of 'One'

Purple Ladybug (that's me) believes in the strong power of 'ONE'...one person, one smile, one hug or ? All it takes is 'ONE' thing to happen during your day to change the way you feel, it may be amazing or even heartbreaking. We face many 'ONE's each and every day, so join me as I take my future 'ONE' day at a time and write about my journey as a cancer conquerer and the 'ONE's in my daily life.

Friday, March 11, 2011

Day 240 - 'one' way vision

I can't imagine how it feels to have a 9+ earthquake below your feet.  When these things happen they take you out of thinking about yourself and your world and you begin to realize that at least you have some control over your life.  When the earth shakes...
 beneath you there is NOTHING you can control about that! Especially when the whole country is shaking as well.

At least when you hear the diagnosis of 'C' your brain kicks in gear and you start to research what choices you have, many people don't have choices.  Those in third world countries that live in camps and fight for daily survival.  We have sooooo much luxury here.  Running water, toilets, electricity, dr's, hospitals and sooo much more.

On another note, I think I have figured out how to help my feetzies.  I have been struggling on and off with numbness in my feet and hands.  When it graduates up to pain when I walk it makes me grumpy. Every time I am blessed with new slippers my feet feel good for about a month.  But when the nice soft slippers get flat my feet begin to bother me again. 

So I wondered what is something that is always going to stay soft and smooshie.  First I thought of insoles but they are not very smooshie and then when I was walking outside in a  pair of Crocs that were given to me a light bulb went off...CROC's.  They ain't pretty but boy do they work.  Continuous non ending smooshie soles.  woohoo.  My feet still are numb but at least the pain is gone and I love the endless smooshie feet.  So please pass this along to anyone with feet pain, that CROC's work wonders.

I will think about those in Japan often today and be very grateful for the small things that give us our comfort and pray for those that have family and friends in Japan. Stay safe.

signed 'one' grateful purple ladybug

5 comments:

  1. BIG Bear Hugs for ya'. You have time for compassion for others when you struggle for understanding of your own issues. Resentment is natural as the world has produced a large population of whiners and people of entitlement. If I could find more folks like you I would have many more friends, Sadly, it's not easy. You are shaking up my world in a way only you can, keep shakin' it's what great things are made of.

    ReplyDelete
  2. thanks Mr. Anonymous ;-) Resentment is not a pretty thing. I felt unsettled about my comments and they hit too close too home so I removed them. Me lost my nerve...LOL

    ReplyDelete
  3. I wonder, is getting a "C" diagnosis quite like an earthquake? Even if you try to prepare yourself for the possibility, just like people try to make earthquake-proof buildings, does it shake you any less, right down to the core of your being?

    We appreciate so much the raw, honest emotion and you should never apologize for what you feel, or feel it needs to be censored.
    Love Cindy

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well I must apologize for something, I am Canadian you know! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  5. I know all about Crocs in the house, they are my daily slippers and have been for about a yr now. The most comfortable things I have for my feet. I have something wrong with my left heel but the doc says its nothing so I wear my Crocs and its all good.

    ReplyDelete

It may be when we no longer know what to do, we have come to our real work, and that when we no longer know which way to go, we have begun our real journey.