Never Underestimate The Power of 'One'

Purple Ladybug (that's me) believes in the strong power of 'ONE'...one person, one smile, one hug or ? All it takes is 'ONE' thing to happen during your day to change the way you feel, it may be amazing or even heartbreaking. We face many 'ONE's each and every day, so join me as I take my future 'ONE' day at a time and write about my journey as a cancer conquerer and the 'ONE's in my daily life.

Tuesday, March 1, 2011

Day '230' - 'one' nut begins to crack

That's what happens when your body takes over your brain.  When you have no choice but to take it easy and let your body recover.  I have always thought that I could have control and determination over bodily aches and pain but boy was a nut.  A red nut! Well the nut has cracked and has taken the last few days easy.  When your body takes over your brain you sit and contemplate the important things in life and who you are...
  Change is such a slow process.  Not an overnight one like we would want it to be, it takes time.

Yesterday I received a library book overdue notice.  It was a book that I had checked out on being self sufficient on one quarter acre of land.  It took me months to get the book because there were so many holds on it.  I've always wanted to grow my own food.  Been trying for years and years.  I get little spurts of lettuce and some beans then maybe a few tomatoes but I really did not have the talent to make the vegy's grow.  It's a battle in this geographical area between the sun, rain and the shade.  Some years are good most of them not.

My Dudley and
me on the treadmill.
But one thing I can do is grow lavender.  The stinkiest plant around, LOL, Ray doesn't like perfumey plants! So that is what I shall do.  I placed the book without reading a page back on the table by the door.  I shall no longer torture myself and learn to accept the things I can do and let the vegy experts grow amazingly delicious nutritious vegy's for me. 

Trying to do too much has haunted me for awhile.  I end up not doing much well but getting lots done.  Always feeling like I should be doing more.  Feeling like you are never doing enough.  Well the nut has cracked and is working on the important stuff.  Weeding out the things that others have more expertise in and letting the frustrating things fly out the window.  I shall challenge myself everyday to become more creative allowing a pushed down, stomped down, don't want to be too strange desire reveal itself in a daily way.  Striving to fit is no longer in my brains forefront. 

Do I have other things I feel I need to do? You bet.  New things are definitely on the horizon but it's which road I decide to dedicate myself down will be the challenging part and what detours I will need to take along the way to get to where I need to be. 

I wish for you today the acceptance of the amazing person you are.  The realization that you don't have to do anything but enjoy today and the wonderful gift that you are to those around you.  Don't spend too much time looking beyond the horizon for your dreams they are right in front of you.  Waiting for you to grab on and take hold and relax.

I'm I one cracked nut...you bet, but the cracked ones are the most delicious and unique! LOL

signed 'one' nutty purple ladybug

No comments:

Post a Comment

It may be when we no longer know what to do, we have come to our real work, and that when we no longer know which way to go, we have begun our real journey.