Never Underestimate The Power of 'One'

Purple Ladybug (that's me) believes in the strong power of 'ONE'...one person, one smile, one hug or ? All it takes is 'ONE' thing to happen during your day to change the way you feel, it may be amazing or even heartbreaking. We face many 'ONE's each and every day, so join me as I take my future 'ONE' day at a time and write about my journey as a cancer conquerer and the 'ONE's in my daily life.

Thursday, March 24, 2011

Day 253 - 'one' size fits all

good grief that is sooooo far from the truth.  God made us all different shapes, everyone is unique, so why is it that everything is cut the same way that comes off the rack?

Well perhaps they are not cut the same way.  There is the belly button rise, the ass-crack rise, the granny waist rise and let's not forget the drafty, the hips fit but the waist don't, rise. ;-)...
  You'd think they could make pants adjustable to the point where they would fit anyone and actually be comfortable.  No wonder us old ladies revert to the elastic waist paints.  We can put a man on the moon but can we make pants that fit a normal person, nope, nope, nope.  Must be because we are so picky. 

So why is it you never hear guys complaining about the fit of their pants? Oh yeah, that's right they wear their pants below their belly, we can't do that.  Or can we? ewwwww no thanks.  Can't imagine what it would feel like to have my belly a bouncing all loose out there.  I'd feel exposed that's for sure.

And why is it guys don't like the look of stretchy pants on us ladies? Too much reality I'd say ;-).  They can be comfortable, they can let it all hang out, but oh, not us...no way!  Mind you, I don't really want to see guys in stretchies either! ewwww again.  To much shake rattle and roll going on that's for sure. ;-)

Yes I know you've heard this rant before, it always comes to the fore front of my mind when I slide out of my moo moo and into a pair of jeans to go out.  Even stretchy jeans don't help these days.  Perhaps I shall try the baggy mens jeans they might fight.  YES, yes that's it.  They have no rear in them, mine has fallen off.  They are low in the crotch and I just can't stand the wedgie since as you get older your bum drops and then there's the all important no shape to them,  YEP, yep just like me.  Next shopping trip I shall try on men's pants, farmer pants, now that sounds like me.  Man am I gett'n old ;-)

As you can tell I am feeling better today.  Gradually as the day progresses my energy and brain work increasaes.  It's hard not to jump up and get everything all done at once but I know I must spread my energy through the next couple weeks and not do too much so I get frustrated again.  Today I painted the final coat on the city hall sign and build some steps for it as well.  So this evening I shall do a little more work on the sign and contemplate what I will do over the next week. 

So as before, onward and upward...hang on 'SHE'S back!'  woohoo

signed 'one' size purple ladybug

No comments:

Post a Comment

It may be when we no longer know what to do, we have come to our real work, and that when we no longer know which way to go, we have begun our real journey.