Never Underestimate The Power of 'One'

Purple Ladybug (that's me) believes in the strong power of 'ONE'...one person, one smile, one hug or ? All it takes is 'ONE' thing to happen during your day to change the way you feel, it may be amazing or even heartbreaking. We face many 'ONE's each and every day, so join me as I take my future 'ONE' day at a time and write about my journey as a cancer conquerer and the 'ONE's in my daily life.

Tuesday, March 22, 2011

Day 251 - 'one' sticky situation

Yes it was.  My hands are starting to give me more trouble these days.  The tingling and muscle capacity to hold onto things is getting to be super frustrating.  I dumped a full glass of cranberry juice and soda the other day all over my bedside table, telephone, floor, walls, and bed, what a mess...
  Then I preceded to try and make some garlic and lemon sauce on the stove and dumped my fresh squeezed jar of lemon juice all over the stove, another fun mess to clean up. I can't seem to get a grip on things that don't have a handle that's for sure.  So a hammer should work right?  We'll see, I'm not that brave just yet.  The last thing I would want is to have my grip lost as the hammer is swinging - 'FOUR' I would have to yell for Dudley to run LOL.

Well here it is again, it's impossible for me to just have one project going at a time.  I try to concentrate on completing one thing at a time but there are the usual groups or collections of projects in the works here and there. 

I need to have different stuff ready to go depending on how I am feeling.  At least that's my logic and I'm stick'n to it.  If it's miserable outside there are things to work on inside, if it's sunny there is stuff to work on outside...do I feel like sewing, crocheting, writing, scrap booking or cooking it all depends.  I am a princess, I admit it.  I am spoiled, I admit it.  I am a little messy, I admit it.  But I LOVE it all. 

As my brain fog begins to clear and my nausea starts to slowly and I mean slowly fade I begin to think of spending time with family and friends again.  The first week after chemo sucks big time.  But I know it will end and that helps.  I had to send a wedding invite back yesterday that I hoped to attend in April but it's the day after my chemo treatment so I would be too sick to go.  That is crappy, I LOVE weddings.  Such a happy time and everyone behaves themselves LOL.  Oh well, I shall be there in spirit for sure.

Today is a day filled with dreary rain.  You know it will be a dark day when you need to turn your lights on in the house at 8 am.  I will continue to take my nausea pills at full kilt so I can get some things done and I shall continue to feel like a princess filling my day doing the things I love and dreaming about special times with family and friends.

signed 'one' sticky purple ladybug

1 comment:

  1. Princesses need love too, here's a whole bunch for 'ya.....I just realized I don't know how to make those little hearts on the keyboard! You'll just have to use an old thing called "imagination", they can't put that on the keyboard either. Hugs at 'ya

    ReplyDelete

It may be when we no longer know what to do, we have come to our real work, and that when we no longer know which way to go, we have begun our real journey.