Never Underestimate The Power of 'One'

Purple Ladybug (that's me) believes in the strong power of 'ONE'...one person, one smile, one hug or ? All it takes is 'ONE' thing to happen during your day to change the way you feel, it may be amazing or even heartbreaking. We face many 'ONE's each and every day, so join me as I take my future 'ONE' day at a time and write about my journey as a cancer conquerer and the 'ONE's in my daily life.

Monday, March 28, 2011

Day 257 - 'one' relaxing day

front framing for the next building
I think not.  Well that was my intention today, to relax after a couple strenuous days of building the walls for the next project.  My feet and hands are continually numb now and at times it's not fun to walk.  Even my BIG crocs aren't giving me much relief but its definitely better than regular shoes.  I'm not sure if my hands and feet are ...
getting worse because I'm using them so much or it's just side effects of the chemo. 

base ready for the walls
I spent the day moving stuff out of the extra bedroom and cleaning out some cupboards.  I then put some of my new kitchen gadgets in the cleaned out cupboard and decided to adjust some kitchen cupboard stuff too.  Then I had the notion to build a shelf for the bedroom.  At 6pm I decided to come in after completing the shelf and realized it was far from a relaxing day.  It's funny how things get carried away sometimes.

almost done, just some trim
and details to be added
So my family room is full of stuff from the bedroom and I am now contemplating building a triple cubbie shelf for all my fabric, wool and misc craft stuff that needs a home.  I have decided that I am addicted to building things and determined to learn what I need to get good at it! 

So a quiet day no, a fun day yes, a relaxed day no, a productive day yes, a clean house no, hopefully clean soon yes...maybe tomorrow shall be my relaxing day wink, wink...

signed 'one' numb footed purple ladybug

No comments:

Post a Comment

It may be when we no longer know what to do, we have come to our real work, and that when we no longer know which way to go, we have begun our real journey.