Never Underestimate The Power of 'One'

Purple Ladybug (that's me) believes in the strong power of 'ONE'...one person, one smile, one hug or ? All it takes is 'ONE' thing to happen during your day to change the way you feel, it may be amazing or even heartbreaking. We face many 'ONE's each and every day, so join me as I take my future 'ONE' day at a time and write about my journey as a cancer conquerer and the 'ONE's in my daily life.

Thursday, March 17, 2011

Day 246 - 'one' fun time

at the 'C' centre imagine that.  Ray couldn't go today cause he was working so my daughter Cindy went with me.  We did the yak yak and laughed through the whole lab and dr. appointment.  I like to show people that it's not that scary and the people there are soooo nice.  The only grumpy people are the patients ;-). Ray will go with me tomorrow, he's taken the day off for my chemo session.  We will laugh and yak yak then too.  It's all about attitude...
well most of the time.

I asked the Dr. about getting a colonoscopy because at the Colon 'C' forum they said that you need to get one a year after surgery and since it takes 6 months to get one around here I thought I would ask early.  She said not to worry that the CT scan will pick up anything that's there and if she needs to see more detail she will get one for me. 

Then I asked about taking some time off from chemo and whether it's better to take one off here and there or take a few off at a time.  I wasn't sure what was best for the body a little time off or a lot.  She said that the best way to do is to wait until everything is stable meaning no up and down trends for my CEA markers etc.  Then it's a good time to take a few sessions off for the bone marrow to recover.  I hadn't thought about that, giving the body time to recover and get ready for more rounds. 

It makes me gitty to think of a few sessions off, I remember how great I felt in December and January with just one session off.  I always thought the best thing to do is take as much as you can, suck it up and beat that 'C' out of the body.  But the body needs time to recover as well as my brain LOL.  I know I will take August off for sure but we will see how the results of my tests go to plan for more.

How's my project going? It's going so good the plans and wood are ready to go for the next one thanks to Ray and his truck.  Don't know what we would do without that truck. I have a few details to add like a door knob, some trim, step and the sign on the top.  I'm still thinking about the sign and how to make it 1800's appropriate.  Ray went out last night and took some pics.  We put the roof on the porch just before it got dark yesterday couldn't do that without his guy muscles.  With the reflection of the street light off the window the pictures turned out great especially this one.  Hard to believe that's in my side yard.  I love it! Can you tell? It's going to be great to decorate for Halloween, so spooky BOO!

Well as I said, tomorrow is my 9th chemo session.  I am hopeful that this time it won't knock the socks out of me, yep I'm hopeful.  But for the next week I don't have much planned but some little projects to keep me occupied.  Perhaps my brain and body will cooperate so I can build the next platform and frame up the walls...woohoo.  Well off to suck down some more water. I must hydrate myself to push those drugs through my body tomorrow.   Ahhh the fun of it all ;-)

signed 'one' hopeful purple ladybug

1 comment:

  1. I can just imagine you sitting on that porch giving candy to trick-or-treater's, can't you?!

    Thanks for sharing your day with me! We have fun together wherever we are and this was no exception. I can see how blessed you are with your amazing healthcare team and it gave me a lot of comfort as I'm sure it does you. Your questions were great - it is good to know that a break can be helpful, isn't it? It just makes me think of all the trouble...oops I mean FUN...we can all get into together! :P

    I'm praying for an 'easy' round of chemo - may the side effects be minimal, the fun projects many, whilst giving the cancer an effective stomp!!!
    Love you

    ReplyDelete

It may be when we no longer know what to do, we have come to our real work, and that when we no longer know which way to go, we have begun our real journey.