Never Underestimate The Power of 'One'

Purple Ladybug (that's me) believes in the strong power of 'ONE'...one person, one smile, one hug or ? All it takes is 'ONE' thing to happen during your day to change the way you feel, it may be amazing or even heartbreaking. We face many 'ONE's each and every day, so join me as I take my future 'ONE' day at a time and write about my journey as a cancer conquerer and the 'ONE's in my daily life.

Wednesday, March 9, 2011

Day 238 - 'one' way or another

I'm gonna gatcha, gatcha, gatcha.  You can't hide from me...Mr 'C'! I'm going to knock you out like you've never been knocked before, you'll see Mr 'C', you'll 'C'! ;-)

Yep, I'm in a goofy mood.  When you feel crappy the night before you really appreciate feeling better that's for sure. 

I fever materialized for me last night.  I was chilled for 3 hours and just could not get warm...decided to take my temp and low and behold 37.9...crap! Once I have fever I can't take Tylenol because it can mask the fever and we don't want to do that.  I preceded to get to 38.1 over the next hour and at 38.4 I'm supposed to go to the hospital.  I think I've told you this story before.  I had a fever that was very similar Dec 29th.  Thanks to the blog I can look back and see what date it was. 

It hovered around 37.9 for a few hours and I decided to try and sleep, I didn't feel like eating and nothing else for sure.  Ray woke me up every 2 hours to take my temperature, he was getting ready for his graveyard shift so he was up till the early am hours.  I started to sweat around 3am and after a couple hours of that I knew my fever was breaking.  At 6am it was back at 36.8 wooohoo and a few other words as well.

I'm not sure what my body was fighting but I am still amazed at its ability to fight anything. Pumping it full of so many cell destroying drugs it actually still has the ability to fix itself.  Phenomenal...and in such a short time.

I will tell my Dr. about it this time, forgot to mention it to her in January but now that it has happened again it's worth mentioning.  It's probably something I picked up when we went grocery shopping.  I hear a lot of barking people out there these days but I try to be careful and wash, wash, wash.  Keep my hands away from my face and think consciously about where I put my hands.  I think sometimes the most germ filled thing is the debit machine.  I had it mastered by using my card to press the numbers but now with the chip cards I will have to find another way.  Someone suggested a pen...that should work!

I know it sounds silly to you, being so self conscious about germs but it means a lot to me.  It means I stay strong to fight this disease and I can take the medications that are going to knock this sucker out of my body! So although you may roll your eyes and think I'm ridiculous, I really don't care because I hope you never have to know what it feels to live in fear of such silly things. But being such a small thing I think it's ok to be a little nutso...don't you?  ;-)

signed 'one' less than hot tonight purple ladybug

1 comment:

It may be when we no longer know what to do, we have come to our real work, and that when we no longer know which way to go, we have begun our real journey.