Never Underestimate The Power of 'One'

Purple Ladybug (that's me) believes in the strong power of 'ONE'...one person, one smile, one hug or ? All it takes is 'ONE' thing to happen during your day to change the way you feel, it may be amazing or even heartbreaking. We face many 'ONE's each and every day, so join me as I take my future 'ONE' day at a time and write about my journey as a cancer conquerer and the 'ONE's in my daily life.

Sunday, March 20, 2011

Day 249 - 'one' pill, two pills, three pills, twelve?

I think that's too many pills to be taking a day, don't you? I actually got up to fourteen yesterday.  But I seem to have got ahead of the nausea finally.  At least that's the feeling I have at 4am. 

Having the small crochet projects to accomplish during the first few days seems to help a lot.  A least I can lye down and feel like I'm being productive.  They have to be simple projects so my hands and brain can work together and that's quite a feet LOL.  I crocheted 6 dish clothes in the first 24 hours.  I really enjoy tunisian crocheting, it looks like knitting but is twice and fast and soooo easy...
  I ordered some regular sized tunisian crochet hooks cause the BIG ones Ray made me would just not do for dish clothes.

How am I really doing you ask? The first 24 hours seems to still be the worst. I came home with 3 band aids this time, my blood seems to be getting thinner for sure.  Psychologically actually pretty good.  I do have my down days for sure but right now my brain feels clear and looking forward to camping at Lavenderville this year and a VERY special trip in August.  And of course the anticipation of taking some time off from chemo is OVER THE TOP exciting!! The Dr. said that if my CEA marker rises quite a bit this session she will get me in for a CT scan asap.  But since there was 'no' CT scan ordered on Friday I am hopeful that it didn't raise much or perhaps went back down....woohoo. 

With spring in the air it makes everyone feel sooo good.  Going outside to see the bulbs peeping out from under the winters fallen leaves makes me feel so good.  I'm so glad that I planted all those bulbs and the silly rainy weather did not rot them all.

Not much done on my project that last couple days, lots of research and planning though.  The more time I put into pre-planning the better and easier it will be to put together.  Things are always changing as you actually put it all together but I'm learning a lot and that's the plan.  Each project will be more difficult and challenging for me to do.  I'm saving the last building as the most important to be done and it will be the most fun as well.

Well as you can see not much to report to ya.  I had a full 3 hours sleep last night and my body feels like it's in recovery mode. I feel so lucky that I haven't had much reaction to my therapy...shhh you didn't hear me say that!  I hope you had the chance to see the wonderful moon last night and see signs of spring in your garden.  Happy Sunday and make someone smile today!

signed 'one' less nauseated purple ladybug

1 comment:

  1. I want to eat at that table!

    So glad you're less nauseated.

    Love Brenda

    ReplyDelete

It may be when we no longer know what to do, we have come to our real work, and that when we no longer know which way to go, we have begun our real journey.