Never Underestimate The Power of 'One'

Purple Ladybug (that's me) believes in the strong power of 'ONE'...one person, one smile, one hug or ? All it takes is 'ONE' thing to happen during your day to change the way you feel, it may be amazing or even heartbreaking. We face many 'ONE's each and every day, so join me as I take my future 'ONE' day at a time and write about my journey as a cancer conquerer and the 'ONE's in my daily life.

Wednesday, March 16, 2011

Day 245 - I wonder how 'one' shriveled up bunch of food

can be soooo good.  Sound strange or what? I've started using a dehydrator the last couple days.  Let's see...what have I tried? I've tried sweet potatoes, zucchini, oranges, banana's, apples and some fruit leathers. 

The sweet potato chips were not very yummy but I think I need to add a spicy coating so they are more tasty.  The zucchini chips...
 were sprinkled with sea salt and they were good, the oranges I haven't used yet, the apples were sprinkled with cinnamon and were over the top good, and then the bananas.  I didn't expect to like the bananas because I've tried the store bought version of banana chips a long time ago but these were SOOOO good! The only thing I will do differently is not use the wax paper, it seems to stick to the food a little.  Oh yeah the strawberry mango fruit leather was wonderful too!
Ray trying to light the sparklers on the
'5' person blizzard birthday cake - yummy

As you can tell I love new gadgets that I would have denied a year ago.  It's fun to experiment with the fresh food I can find and try it so many ways.  I made curly fries last night that were baked in the oven of course and we loved them.  The whole wheat cinnamon buns I made this week were over the top yummy as well.  The dough was light and fluffy, I may use it to experiment for flat bread or maybe pizza dough.

Gramma getting snuggles!
The week of no pills goes by so fast.  Tomorrow is my dr. and lab day to prepare for my chemo session on Friday.  Ray is working so I will be driven by my son-in-law and my daughter will come with her little one.  I'm think'n there will be lots of ooo's and ahhh's at the baby, they don't get little one 's at the 'c' clinic much.  The week post chemo is kinda a write off as you know but I have some little crochet projects planned hoping that will keep me from being so frustrated.

It's coming along - see the base
in the background for the next idea...
Life seems so normal at times that old habits start coming back.  Worrying too much about silly things that really don't matter.  I really have to catch myself sometimes and get refocused.  I've been managing to put in 2 to 4 hours building time outside.  We cleaned out my workshop a bit and now the deary rain won't stop me! The 'city hall' is just about finished.  The porch roof I'm hoping will go on today and then I shall start on the next building.  Soooo much fun! I love to build things.

Well I owe you some photos from our '5' birthday get together and an update on my 'city hall' so here they are. 

signed 'one' digging the shriveled food purple ladybug

No comments:

Post a Comment

It may be when we no longer know what to do, we have come to our real work, and that when we no longer know which way to go, we have begun our real journey.