Never Underestimate The Power of 'One'

Purple Ladybug (that's me) believes in the strong power of 'ONE'...one person, one smile, one hug or ? All it takes is 'ONE' thing to happen during your day to change the way you feel, it may be amazing or even heartbreaking. We face many 'ONE's each and every day, so join me as I take my future 'ONE' day at a time and write about my journey as a cancer conquerer and the 'ONE's in my daily life.

Monday, January 31, 2011

Day 201 - 'one' fun time

Well I guess you could say that.  One thing about going to the hospital to get tests you always appreciate arriving at home.  Warm, comfy, inviting and germ free home! LOL

It's funny...
you go to the hospital to get better and all you run into is SICK people. LOL  People coughing, barfing, blowing their nose, sneezing etc etc.  Imagine finding sick people at the hospital, what a weird concept!

Went today for my CT scan and also had a chest Xray which I didn't know I was getting.  To prepare for a CT scan as most of you know you need to drink contrast/iodine the night before with a ton of water.  Then you need to drink a ton of water in the am.  No food just water.  You are not allowed to pee once you get to the hospital, which usually isn't too bad but today it was training day and we sat for 2 hours waiting to get into the CT scan.  Man was my bladder starting to hurt. 

Then when you go get the CT scan they give you more contrast that makes you feel like you are peeing your pants! At this point I was wondering if I really was because my bladder was aching LOL.  Thank goodness no puddle was under my butt - phew!

Now off to get my chest X-rayed.  Like a dumb-dumb I forgot to ask if I could go to the bathroom.  Each step, ouch, ouch, ouch...we actually sat down right across from a washroom door that was open.  Now there's torture.  All I need is a few minutes to pee but I was afraid of loosing my place in line.  Thank goodness it was only a couple minutes and the Xray was done. Off I ran to the washroom hoping that I didn't knock over any sick people in the process.  When you have a goal in mind nothing is going to stop you. 

Well, now we wait.  Results should be in when I go to my oncologist on Thursday.  Its one of those $40 dollar parking weeks at the hospital. 

That's my excitement for the day.  I now need to drink lots of water, yes...MORE water to get the stuff they pump through me OUT of me!  Perhaps it's time for some HOT water.

FYI - I will now be putting the 'day' as part of the title of my blog.  Day 1 was July 14, 2010 when I was diagnosed with cancer. It's already Day 201...wow time flies when you are having fun! ;-)

signed 'one' watered down purple ladybug

No comments:

Post a Comment

It may be when we no longer know what to do, we have come to our real work, and that when we no longer know which way to go, we have begun our real journey.