Never Underestimate The Power of 'One'

Purple Ladybug (that's me) believes in the strong power of 'ONE'...one person, one smile, one hug or ? All it takes is 'ONE' thing to happen during your day to change the way you feel, it may be amazing or even heartbreaking. We face many 'ONE's each and every day, so join me as I take my future 'ONE' day at a time and write about my journey as a cancer conquerer and the 'ONE's in my daily life.

Tuesday, January 25, 2011

'one' blessing?

or more than 'one' blessing.  When I do my 'c' homework I read alot about people that say that 'c' was a blessing for them, it changed their lives.  Well I admit that it's definitely changed my life but a blessing that I'm not sure.
 How can something that is so destructive to families, and the human race be a blessing?

It seems like such an epidemic...everyone knows someone or more than just one person that is battling the 'c' right now.  Can all these people feel like their blessed? Perhaps those that are cured or feel they can be cured!

I can say that yes there have been many things that I have been blessed with since being diagnosed.  Seeing life much clearer for sure.  Being blessed with the eyes to see that things that are most important in life is amazing.  You go through life wondering if you are choosing the right direction, the right things and the right decisions and now I just make the decision and go with it. 

I especially feel blessed to ignore those individuals that used to just grind on my nerves.  Yep we all know a few of those.  It's nothing personal but its those that have different values in life, prefer to see the negative about everyone and everything and readily voice their opinions so the world is aware of their view on life.  Of course I've really never understood them and they can honestly say they don't understand me either. Perhaps we both look at things too much to the extreme...one too negatively and one too naively.

I don't know why I look at things with the cup 1/2 full? I know I'm married to a guy that looks at things in the other part of the glass...but he's mellowing, another blessing.

I guess you could say I am blessed to have been diagnosed with 'recnac' [cancer backwards ;-)], how much...I'm still working daily on that one but I'm sure if anyone had the choice they would prefer 'not' to have been blessed with recnac.  Funny how you can say recnac so easily and cancer is such a scary word.

For now, I feel blessed...tomorrow who knows!

signed 'one' purple ladybug counting all her current blessings!



No comments:

Post a Comment

It may be when we no longer know what to do, we have come to our real work, and that when we no longer know which way to go, we have begun our real journey.