Never Underestimate The Power of 'One'

Purple Ladybug (that's me) believes in the strong power of 'ONE'...one person, one smile, one hug or ? All it takes is 'ONE' thing to happen during your day to change the way you feel, it may be amazing or even heartbreaking. We face many 'ONE's each and every day, so join me as I take my future 'ONE' day at a time and write about my journey as a cancer conquerer and the 'ONE's in my daily life.

Saturday, January 8, 2011

"One's" ability to giggle.



Do you have the ability to giggle? I mean downright, face hurting, feel like you are going to pee your pants giggling!

As adults we wean ourselves out of the fun that is life.  When we were children it was soooo easy, but as adults we have trained ourselves to take life and ourselves way too seriously! To focus on our responsibilities...
 to train our thoughts to say 'no'.

But how do we train ourselves to giggle again? I'm really not sure because I am currently going through that process.  Ray and I definitely laugh more and more about the silly things, then he gets rude and lude in public and I tell him to stop.  I feel bad about that, who cares about people we don't even know hearing a few private words.  Do I actually think they care? It would give them a story to tell when they get home anyways.

Too often we squash the process that needs to happen to giggle concerning ourselves with how it will look.  Will I laugh to loud, will it sound crazy, will others be disturbed by my giddiness?  Is it much better if we fall in line and quietly go about our day?...NOPE, NOPE, NOPE! If anything we are entitled to make our day exactly what we want it to be. 

My hope is that soon I will find that each and every day there are moments that allow me to giggle uncontrollably till my cheeks hurt.  So for a moment the aches and pains that my body is going through are forgotten.  That I don't think about upcoming therapy, tests and dr. appointments.  For that moment nothing matters except the feeling of downright joy. 

I wish for you that feeling in your life everyday.  It may take practice but the end result is amazing.  Remember giggling comes from deep down inside you and not your brain...so stop think'n!!! ;-)

signed 'one' hoping to giggle today purple ladybug

No comments:

Post a Comment

It may be when we no longer know what to do, we have come to our real work, and that when we no longer know which way to go, we have begun our real journey.