Never Underestimate The Power of 'One'

Purple Ladybug (that's me) believes in the strong power of 'ONE'...one person, one smile, one hug or ? All it takes is 'ONE' thing to happen during your day to change the way you feel, it may be amazing or even heartbreaking. We face many 'ONE's each and every day, so join me as I take my future 'ONE' day at a time and write about my journey as a cancer conquerer and the 'ONE's in my daily life.

Wednesday, January 19, 2011

'one' thought or another?

I wonder if anyone has really counted all the thoughts that go around in your brain in day.  Thousands, millions, too many for sure.

Today was a day that I spent mostly in bed.  So it was kinda crappy.  My tummy has been bothering me a bit and I needed to get some rest and take some T3's.  I find it very difficult to just lie there but it's very different from when I used to get sick.  I used to be angry about being sick and told myself to suck it up.  Now I know that rest is necessary for the body to heal, so letting it heal is a priority.

I spent some time just typing some notes on the laptop filling time and working on the thoughts in my brain.  I wondered if it's possible...to change the way the world looks at perfection.  And how perfection is NOT reality.  How do you teach others to appreciate the differences in others and in themselves? How do we convince the marketing guru's that showing the real people in the world would actually sell more.  Or would it?

Why do we buy into all the hype about how we should look?  What our homes should look like, what we should drive? I wonder if in pioneer days there was competition for the person that had the best looking horse.  LOL 

In my imagination I can see the priority for pioneers to be eating, keeping warm, taking care of one another.  How did we get so far from the basics of living.  Not only do we need a home but we need to have 'all' the right and pretty stuff. The right floors, most up to date appliances, the right colors on the walls. We don't change things because they don't work, we change things because they don't look right. We spend sooo much energy and dollars to make sure we look a certain way.  And what happens if we don't? Are we classified as strange, weird, and dirty.  

I guess it's because we live in a modern world. A world that values the way things look above many other things.  But I know my friends and family...they value the way things feel.  It doesn't matter to them if they see a tumbleweed in the corner of my room, if anything it makes them smile.  Cause I'm the real thing.  I admit that my priorities are different than others...neither are guaranteed right or wrong.  But they are mine and I'm learning to be very comfortable in them because honestly if you love someone whether they have dust bunnies, tumbleweeds or a gleaming counter doesn't matter.  You want to know them, how they are feeling.  You value their thoughts, opinions, their dreams and how you can help. 

You see dreams can come true, big or small and its your friends and family that help you see that they can. They help you feel that every word and feeling that you have is important and worth hearing.  They laugh at your crazy ideas and still support you by saying that things are possible.  Cause maybe others don't believe in you but your family and friends do.  Cause they're the real thing too.  They know you from the inside out and have hung in there through thick and thin. 

I hope that in your life you allow others to know the 'real' you cause every tumbleweed has a story and a dream or two.  Try not to buy into the hype of the way things look too much, take a risk and show someone the real you...it's a risk worth tak'n!

signed 'one' purple ladybug in the horizontal position think'n thoughts and dream'n dreams!

No comments:

Post a Comment

It may be when we no longer know what to do, we have come to our real work, and that when we no longer know which way to go, we have begun our real journey.