Never Underestimate The Power of 'One'

Purple Ladybug (that's me) believes in the strong power of 'ONE'...one person, one smile, one hug or ? All it takes is 'ONE' thing to happen during your day to change the way you feel, it may be amazing or even heartbreaking. We face many 'ONE's each and every day, so join me as I take my future 'ONE' day at a time and write about my journey as a cancer conquerer and the 'ONE's in my daily life.

Tuesday, January 11, 2011

'one' way of think'n

Just a LITTLE hail storm
I was contemplating my last blog and wondering if it was true that the dreams that I have in my life are mostly about things.  You know, farm, truck, making furniture. Perhaps I was a little disappointed in myself...
 that I focused my dreams more on things than fun.  But as I was wondering why having a farm was so important to me, I realized that the things that I want in my life represent a feeling that I want to have. 

To have a farm represents freedom to me.  I know for most of you a farm represents work but for me and Ray, for that matter, we want the freedom to do as we please.  Like planting a garden or gardens, when, where and whatever we please. Perhaps even a car garden, don't you want to be our neighbour? Like finding many treasures and having room to store them. Letting Dudley run crazy free in the tall grass without running into mean dogs.  To seeing birds in abundance, stars that fill the sky and the sweet sound of silence.  To having room for an annual family bbq, people to camp, room for lavender to grow, and space for ice rinks, go cart races and much more.  So although a 'family' farm may be a thing, it represents so many feelings that it can have.  There now I feel better! LOL

Wheat grassgrowing.
Well I have two days left of my chemo freedom.  My how 4 weeks goes by sooooo quickly.  Too quickly.  I have improved my strength ten fold and hope to maintain it with some new things I have added to my daily routine.  Which are having wheat grass juice everyday, bouncing on my little trampoline and eating 2 containers of my special yogurt each day.  The wheat grass helps build strong and healthy cells in my body.  The trampoline adds oxygen and helps to get my lymph nodes pumping and the special yogurt aids the bacteria in my body. 

I go for lab tests and then to the oncologist on Thursday.  I will definitely be curious how my CEA marker is doing since I had no chemo for a few weeks.  Is it increasing or decreasing, that will be the question.  I will also ask about my weight gain.  Although I know that my body will decide which weight it would like to be, I would like to know if the medications I am taking are causing the weight gain or if its my wonderful eating habits! 

grinding wheat seeds into flour -yummy
Well for the next two days, I don't anticipate cleaning my house much.  I shall sew, create, dream, plan, go for drives and enjoy a clear brain. Also I shall hope that we will get enough snow in the next 48 hours so I can build a snowman and go tobogganing!. And with much optimism I will think about continuing my journey with increasing strength and practicing to enjoy every moment within the day.  Yep, that's my chosen way of think'n!

signed 'one' hoping for snow purple ladybug

1 comment:

  1. I too am curious about your test results.

    I have lots of snow. It's a little dry and cold to make a snow man though. Snow angels and tabogganing(if you can find a hill) are probably a go. Glad your feeling well.
    Love Brenda

    ReplyDelete

It may be when we no longer know what to do, we have come to our real work, and that when we no longer know which way to go, we have begun our real journey.