Never Underestimate The Power of 'One'

Purple Ladybug (that's me) believes in the strong power of 'ONE'...one person, one smile, one hug or ? All it takes is 'ONE' thing to happen during your day to change the way you feel, it may be amazing or even heartbreaking. We face many 'ONE's each and every day, so join me as I take my future 'ONE' day at a time and write about my journey as a cancer conquerer and the 'ONE's in my daily life.

Monday, January 3, 2011

'one' perplexed body

Yes I can even work in my moomoo!
Yep that's the thought of the day.  I just finished cleaning out my closet, yet again.  Cleaning it out of the clothes that no longer fit me.  What a year for my closet...
  First half of 2009 I was removing clothes that were too big, now I'm spending the last few months removing clothes that are too small.  Thank goodness I save money by sewing my clothes or buying them from thrift stores.

Good grief I can't stand tight clothes.  Especially against my tummy.  My surgery scar is sore at times because I'm gaining so much weight.  Stretch and pull, stretch and pull.  When my clothes were loose they were much more comfortable now it brings memories back of a bigger me when I constantly struggled with clothes that fit so tight around my tummy. 

It also gives me such an emotional roller coaster, never mind the stress it's putting on my body.  I don't think it's very healthy to loose 50 lbs and gain lots back all in less than a year.  Poor body...so much to put up with. Stretch, pull, yank, tug.  I decided today that I shall spend the next few months just wearing loose dresses and leggings.  Ahhhh so comfy.  My body deserves that! 

I figure my body deserves so much comfort all the time, I have a shelf now just for jammies! Now what does that say about my life?  LOL 

I was reading today about the strain that wearing tight clothes puts on a person's body.  So I shall be kind to my body over the next while.  No tight stuff and comfort all the way.  The only time I hope to be in jeans is when I take Sir Dudley for his walk.  So don't mind the moomoo's, life is about comfort these days and really, don't all gramma's wear moomoo's? ;-) Well this gramma does, at least until my body decides what size it wants to be! Whatever it decides I will work hard to make it OK with me.

signed 'one' comfortable purple ladybug

1 comment:

  1. Hey there comfy lady! I'm with you there...comfort changes everything - even for those around us..haha :o)

    So, I just wanted to let you know about a little deal I found at Costco.... they are "yoga pants", and come in sets of 3 colours for $17.99. Super deal and super comfy; stretchy, loosely-worn, made of thin cotton blend fabric, so they are not bulky like most sweatpants. They kind of hang on your hips with a very slight fabric elastic waist (do NOT dig in!), and have a drawstring if you need it. I bought one set and went back to buy another set the very next day, they were so comfortable. I have found that you can't even get that deal at the thrift store, so excused the fact of buying new ;o) Anyways, I'm pretty sure they are part of their regularly-stocked items, so should still be there if you're interested.

    Hope this helps and hope you're having a nice cozy day.
    Deb B

    ReplyDelete

It may be when we no longer know what to do, we have come to our real work, and that when we no longer know which way to go, we have begun our real journey.