Never Underestimate The Power of 'One'

Purple Ladybug (that's me) believes in the strong power of 'ONE'...one person, one smile, one hug or ? All it takes is 'ONE' thing to happen during your day to change the way you feel, it may be amazing or even heartbreaking. We face many 'ONE's each and every day, so join me as I take my future 'ONE' day at a time and write about my journey as a cancer conquerer and the 'ONE's in my daily life.

Monday, January 24, 2011

'one' fine date

Ray's remembering the good old days!
Well it's the last week of Ray's holidays.  It's going to be hard when he goes back to work, I may have to bug friends and family more.  There, you are warned! LOL

We decided to do some running around and ended up going to White Spot.  We actually couldn't even remember the last time we were there.  I do...
I LOVE sweet potatoe fries and the last couple times I had them at White Spot I ended up in the hospital emerg that evening, so I wasn't trying those.  Eating out just doesn't seem to agree with my tummy, it hasn't for years as many of my friends and family can recall all the follow up drama ;-) 

soooo cute...
But today was soooo nice.  Perhaps because we don't go eat out anymore, perhaps because the food was actually good and there was something I could eat.  Hence the reference to flatbread on facebook.  But perhaps it was that they seated us in the lounge area that had BIG comfy chairs so Ray could slouch to his content. 

ahhh to be able to sleep like that!
We talked a lot about the upcoming months and sat there noting my chemo sessions on his work schedule.  Funny thing to do I know but it's our reality.  While we were there a phone message came through that my CT scan is scheduled for Monday so that was exciting.  We really want to know how everything is going from the inside out. Talked about a camping trip in early August perhaps to see some of our favorite people.  It's talk about the future and that feels good.  We talked about doing some work at Lavenderville and even though I can't drive far on my medications, Ray will be helping more and we have plans of staying out there to get lots done this year.  So exciting!!!

Miss Marion
I am also working on a project in secret, Ray has seen some printouts around but he hasn't said anything.  I think its in fear of what he sees...LOL  I so hope my body cooperates with what my mind has planned. Perhaps next week the building shall start...WOOHOO  Work with me body, work with me!

All in all, a great day, a great lunch date with my honey.  Things are beginning to grow and sprout all over the place and it gets me excited to think about spring coming.   

signed 'one' planning for the future purple ladybug


No comments:

Post a Comment

It may be when we no longer know what to do, we have come to our real work, and that when we no longer know which way to go, we have begun our real journey.