Never Underestimate The Power of 'One'

Purple Ladybug (that's me) believes in the strong power of 'ONE'...one person, one smile, one hug or ? All it takes is 'ONE' thing to happen during your day to change the way you feel, it may be amazing or even heartbreaking. We face many 'ONE's each and every day, so join me as I take my future 'ONE' day at a time and write about my journey as a cancer conquerer and the 'ONE's in my daily life.

Tuesday, January 18, 2011

'one' piece of licorice...I think NOT!

Stay inside...the world is crazy out there Dudley!
Is it really possible? To only take a little of something you really love.  Why is it there is soooo much trouble around us some days and we choose to deny ourselves some fun...
  Is it that we are in such a bad mood that we want to punish ourselves as well. Or perhaps we don't think it will help.

Well momentarily it does.  Yum, yum...lots of licorice is lots of fun! LOL  Yep, I ate a LOT of licorice this afternoon.  A whole darn package.  Just needed the over the top feeling again.  I am a foodie for sure.

You go through the day looking at everything....what you eat, how you feel, what others are saying around you.  You analyze everything.  The way things look, sound and feel.  You look at them backwards, forwards, upside down and right side up.  But does it really change anything?  Somehow we think by over-analyzing things we can figure them out.  Not sooo true.  All we do is torment ourselves by thinking about things, again, and again and again.  Let's see, if I look at it this way, no maybe this way.  We just can't let it be, we MUST figure it out.

What's wrong with me, what's wrong with him, why are things going that way...how can I fix it.  Well we can't fix it, the only thing we can change is ourselves and sometimes well I just don't feel like it.  I don't feel like altering the way I feel, the way I do things and darn it I like the way I am.  Yep...I said it out loud, well kinda.  I'm OK! Its the world around me that's NUTS! Crazy nuts. 

I wonder if my baby lavender will survive?
A world that is full of people with opinions, with different ways of seeing things.  How do you know if you are right or they are right.  You don't.  You just do your best and the rest will follow.  You ignore those that feel the need to force their opinions on you or need to expose themselves as selfish and unfeeling. 

I know this...it is NOT ok to hurt others on your way to getting what you want.  It is NOT ok to put others down so you feel better.  And it is definitely NOT ok to deny yourself fun because the world is crazy around you.

So do it...just for yourself.  Indulge, taste every bite, smell every scent, feel every wrinkle when you laugh cause it's ok to feel good when the world is going crazy around you.  Yep, I'm going to say it again...You are OK, I'm OK, its the world that's nuts! What did you do today to have some fun?

signed 'one' purple ladybug who ate too much licorice...but it was fun while it lasted!

1 comment:

  1. If it's fun an' no one's gonna get hurt, bring it on! Funny thing about licorice, I had one of those big "cigar" black ones on Monday @ work, wanted more but they took it away before I got back to it! Sure did like it though, abnormally so. It is a full moon tomorrow, I am a firm believer in the effects it has on us. Smile, and keep on having fun, It'll mess 'em up for sure. They don't know what to do. LOL Big Brother Bear huggers Little Ladybug

    ReplyDelete

It may be when we no longer know what to do, we have come to our real work, and that when we no longer know which way to go, we have begun our real journey.