Never Underestimate The Power of 'One'

Purple Ladybug (that's me) believes in the strong power of 'ONE'...one person, one smile, one hug or ? All it takes is 'ONE' thing to happen during your day to change the way you feel, it may be amazing or even heartbreaking. We face many 'ONE's each and every day, so join me as I take my future 'ONE' day at a time and write about my journey as a cancer conquerer and the 'ONE's in my daily life.

Wednesday, January 26, 2011

'one' shovel at a time

Yes well maybe you are right, I do shovel a lot of 'beep' on you guys.  But I think you can take it.  Today was a day of shoveling a lot of dirt as my project begins.

Yes Ray gave his approval, now why wouldn't he??? He was out there shoveling and moving logs along with me.  Poor guy... when a project begins it usually means work for him too.  My yard has changed so many times during the years it's hard to remember all the variations.  Vegy garden, ponds, greenhouse, rock garden, flowers, lavender and on and on and on.  As you know I LOVE change, perhaps the challenge is it though.  The thought of making the unexpected in a city yard, similar to my pirate ship, although that is not as unusual these days.

This project will keep my mind busy, my body working and my brain concentrating on other things besides 'me'.  It is something that I plan to transport once Ray retires and its something that will make me smile every time I look out the window.  I may be a surprise to those who arrive at my front door but that doesn't matter to me.  Would others build such a thing in their yard...probably not.  Yes, my yard is too small for such a project but I don't care, its all about what I need to do right now to keep my brain busy and my life moving forward.  This does that.

So stay tuned I will be photographing the progress and you will see what it is as I go along.  You know I love drama...so a secret it will stay as long as I can.  But at least you will know why I have a grin on my face, dirt under my nails and have an extra nap once and awhile. 

signed 'one' grinning purple ladybug

1 comment:

  1. I cannot wait...i know it will be amazing just like you are!! Mind you I always love your ideas even when they scare the men in our lives! Haha!

    ReplyDelete

It may be when we no longer know what to do, we have come to our real work, and that when we no longer know which way to go, we have begun our real journey.