Never Underestimate The Power of 'One'

Purple Ladybug (that's me) believes in the strong power of 'ONE'...one person, one smile, one hug or ? All it takes is 'ONE' thing to happen during your day to change the way you feel, it may be amazing or even heartbreaking. We face many 'ONE's each and every day, so join me as I take my future 'ONE' day at a time and write about my journey as a cancer conquerer and the 'ONE's in my daily life.

Wednesday, January 12, 2011

'one' high energy day

my message to my hubby
Well its been one high energy day.  Woke up to a whole lotta snow, about 8"...don't laugh you edmontonians, to us in 8 hours that's a lot.  As usual the city is in turmoil with this much snow, schools are out, colleges, universities...
 and lots of people just stayed home from work. 

I woke up think'n about cleaning the stairs and sidewalk.  I knew Ray would be up in, hmmmm lets see, about 4 hours and then it would be sooo slushy and hard to clean.  Besides I like to have it clean for when the kids go to school.  So before it was light abut 6:30 there I was shoveling the front stairs, then I did the front walkway...oh what the heck, I did a path across the front and down the side of the house.  Boy did that feel good. 

I was sweeping the back stairs when Dudley couldn't wait till I was done to go pee and rushed past me.  Poor little guy slipped on the last two snowy steps and landed flat on his back.  He looked at me to say 'how do I get up? Cause he was in a few inches of snow and you know them city dogs don't know what to do when it gets higher than their legs.  He twisted himself around and was doing fine making lots of yellow snow ;-)

Boy did it feel good shoveling the snow.  I have done it now for 20 years and its a job I take pride in.  Keeping it clear for people walking is a big job.  Because we have a corner lot there is a lot of sidewalk to do.  I can't believe that I'm not even sore this evening.  My energy level gets better each day! Ray got up a couple hours later and cleaned up my poor attempt with his little snowplow.  He LOVES his toy, when he retires we shall get him a big boy tractor!  Of course he will have to share ;-)

But I so want to keep it going into chemo.  It feels so different this time, that is, knowing that chemo is the day after tomorrow.  Not even worried, it is what it is.  Perhaps the time off was what I really needed.  You get so absorbed in thinking about what could go wrong that you don't realize until you are not worrying anymore that it really doesn't change anything.  Except you analyze every ache and pain. 

I'm trying to think of a few new projects to keep my mind busy.  So I'm working on Tunisian crochet.  Not the normal Tunisian crochet...Vicki's version. HUGE!  Ray turned a beautiful honking crochet hook for me and I'm learning that I can't twist and turn the hook like I usually do because it's soooo big.  But wow, I love the way it looks, it actually looks like weaving to me without having to use a loom. 

Paper mache is another possibility for me, perhaps gramma needs a zoo in the side yard! LOL

Well back to reality tomorrow but that's OK...I'm having fun in my new world!

signed 'one' content purple ladybug

No comments:

Post a Comment

It may be when we no longer know what to do, we have come to our real work, and that when we no longer know which way to go, we have begun our real journey.