Never Underestimate The Power of 'One'

Purple Ladybug (that's me) believes in the strong power of 'ONE'...one person, one smile, one hug or ? All it takes is 'ONE' thing to happen during your day to change the way you feel, it may be amazing or even heartbreaking. We face many 'ONE's each and every day, so join me as I take my future 'ONE' day at a time and write about my journey as a cancer conquerer and the 'ONE's in my daily life.

Thursday, January 6, 2011

Moving 'one' mountain

a day at a time.  Funny thing happened today.  Before I was branded with the 'C', when I got frustrated with the way things were going in life I would feel like I was taking 2 steps forward and 5 steps back.  A feeling that you aren't really getting anywhere, you know, the hamster in the wheel going round and round. 

Today was different...
very different.  Things are shifting. All day seemed to be filled with family, friends, fun, good news and caring messages from people.  NEVER underestimate the power a message to someone could have.  I used to feel that life has sent me a couple steps backward with the 'C' but now I KNOW that life is moving leaps forward! In fact I feel that the mountain is actually moving.

I know, I know...its probably because I haven't been in chemo for a couple weeks but really I believe that the world around me is changing.  People are so caring, loving, supportive it blows me away.  With the friends and family that I have around me I KNOW that mountain is moving without a doubt.  As a matter of fact if I can't get that mountain to move I know that those around me will help carve out a tunnel! LOL

I think finally my eyes have opened. Too bad it took so long but whatever it took by george, now there's an old lady term, it is happening.  Perhaps I am wrong though...I think it's my heart that's opening.  I've had a hard heart for a lot of years, not trusting, keeping that wall fully assembled and figured I was protecting myself from hurt.  Boy was I wrong.  Love don't hurt it heals! Letting go of control, by choice or not is scary but it's the way we are meant to live.  Cause when you let go...you see things that were always there cause you were too focused and looking forward to stop and well, I will say it, 'smell the roses' or tulips, or dandelions, whatever you prefer.

Thank you...for the messages, the time, the ear, the muffins, the wig, the music, the words, the packages, the cards, the words, the smiles, the cheesecake, the artwork and of course the hugs.  You are important to the process of moving my mountain, please don't forget that.  I hope to help you move your mountain one day but I hope you will never have such a mountain to move ;-)

signed 'one' strong purple ladybug, thanks to you!




2 comments:

  1. This was a tearjerker, Mom! I don't know what else to say except that we love you too. Immensely. We'll be there with you to push or pull or dig our way through whatever comes, mountain or molehill!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love this one. The "little things" really can mean so much. Sending hugs your way :)

    ReplyDelete

It may be when we no longer know what to do, we have come to our real work, and that when we no longer know which way to go, we have begun our real journey.