Never Underestimate The Power of 'One'

Purple Ladybug (that's me) believes in the strong power of 'ONE'...one person, one smile, one hug or ? All it takes is 'ONE' thing to happen during your day to change the way you feel, it may be amazing or even heartbreaking. We face many 'ONE's each and every day, so join me as I take my future 'ONE' day at a time and write about my journey as a cancer conquerer and the 'ONE's in my daily life.

Wednesday, January 5, 2011

'one' or is it 'two' melt down day.

The day started out great, we decided to go treasure hunt'n at some local thrift shops.  What fun, going from store to store looking for stuff we don't need.  I found some fabric...
 and some more moomoo's and Ray, well he was happy with his fresh loaves of Cobs bread.  He even went to the store of store's for men, Princess Auto and didn't find anything.  I keep telling him he has everything he needs so he can retire now.  All we need is $ for food. LOL.

Then we came home...we returned a call from the gov't still no news on my pension.  This kinda sent my emotions up and down.  You see I have a hard time not working right now.  My lavender business/farm is at a stand still and my pattern business is soooo slow.  So getting my pension would help alleviate some of the self imposed 'guilt' I feel for being what I call a 'bum'. I know, I know...I'm really not a bum but you know how good I am at worrying.  If there ain't something to think about I will find it! LOL 

After that I decided to make dinner.  In the middle of cooking on my possessed oven, that looks pretty but gives me much grief, decided to go in auto timer mode.  Which shuts down certain parts of the oven.  We tried to do what we normally do to fix it and that didn't work.  Ray turned the breaker on and off, that didn't work.  The stove top was only half working and the oven still was working.  With the fiddling around with the digital timer we managed to kill the oven too.  Well my potatoes were sitting in gross warm water, my mushrooms were shriveling in the pan, my fish that should have been only a couple minutes under the broiler was now baking in the warm oven...arrgghhhh. 

Ray figured that the broiler had set off an overheat sensor that shut down half the stove top and managed to play with the digital controls enough to get it all working.  Now to get dinner back on track.

Unfortunately even with a couple weeks off chemo my brain doesn't work that clear and then my hands for some reason are getting worse.  So what do I do? I decide to grab the fish with my bare hands to put it back in the oven...yep, hot dish and all, with both hands.  Well there went my emotions again...melt down number two! As I run my hands under the water to help my slightly burn hands and water is running down my face it dawns on me I need to pee!

Dinner was delicious by the way and worth every red spot on my hands and various waterworks! LOL  So for the rest of the night I will perhaps do some sewing and relax.  I am writing this with cream and gloves on my hands, it's not that easy to type but I'm adjusting.  FYI - my hands are fine, there was just too much drama from this princess tonight!

signed 'one' gloved purple ladybug

2 comments:

  1. Awww, that sucks, I'm sorry you had such a bad day. But I'm glad dinner was delicious. I hope things are better tomorrow and that your hands don't hurt anymore.

    Love Brenda

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awe, that sucks:( I hope tomorrow is much better, Love you! We're so looking forward to Sunday... xoxoxoxo

    Love you lots~ Crystal

    ReplyDelete

It may be when we no longer know what to do, we have come to our real work, and that when we no longer know which way to go, we have begun our real journey.