Never Underestimate The Power of 'One'

Purple Ladybug (that's me) believes in the strong power of 'ONE'...one person, one smile, one hug or ? All it takes is 'ONE' thing to happen during your day to change the way you feel, it may be amazing or even heartbreaking. We face many 'ONE's each and every day, so join me as I take my future 'ONE' day at a time and write about my journey as a cancer conquerer and the 'ONE's in my daily life.

Sunday, January 23, 2011

'one' gentle reminder

Well maybe NOT so gentle!

I've been a little frustrated, as I'm sure you've noticed, with my lack of energy and attitude the last week.  It's hard to swing from 4 weeks of woohoo
 to a week of poopoo ;-).  At least that the way I felt, NOT what I did!  No excuses I know, I know. 

As I wrote in my journal this morning I again questioned my lack of motivation this week.  Why all the mood swings, the beating myself up, the sleep, sleep and more sleep.  Today I questioned myself about how I know the stuff I need to do to feel better and why I wasn't doing it.  I wasn't breathing through the pain, I was concentrating on my breath through the nausea and I wasn't do anything in general to help myself.  So how was it that I could whine about it and not do what I need to do to feel better.

just a few years ago
Funny how we do this to ourselves.  Today was a terrific day.  Out in the garden, grocery shopping, going to a car sale in Ladner, a drive in the Comet, treasure hunt'n at Talize and a terrific bbq salmon dinner.  What's the difference...well I did what I know I can do.  Concentrating on my breath when I needed to and focused on other things instead of my body. 

my boys!
I'm glad I listened to myself...tomorrow is another day.  But it sometimes takes 'one' NOT so gentle reminder that it takes a lot of work to feel good but it's definitely worth the lecture I heard in my head ;-)

signed 'one' purple ladybug

2 comments:

  1. so glad to hear that today was a really good one. You amaze me with your strength. Love you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. No matter what we go through personally, there are good and bad days. They never stop. The strength you have to re-align is your gift, what makes you who you are. Always remember, we are at your side, no matter what, I promise. You "raise the bar" with everything you encounter and I feel blessed to have you for a sister. Blaze on little Sis, don't look back! Group Hug!!!

    ReplyDelete

It may be when we no longer know what to do, we have come to our real work, and that when we no longer know which way to go, we have begun our real journey.