Never Underestimate The Power of 'One'

Purple Ladybug (that's me) believes in the strong power of 'ONE'...one person, one smile, one hug or ? All it takes is 'ONE' thing to happen during your day to change the way you feel, it may be amazing or even heartbreaking. We face many 'ONE's each and every day, so join me as I take my future 'ONE' day at a time and write about my journey as a cancer conquerer and the 'ONE's in my daily life.

Monday, February 28, 2011

Day 229 - 'one' confused brain

Yep that's what I had yesterday.  I mixed up my pills and now Ray is putting them out for me, that's just sad.  I need to step up my organizational skills to keep me on track that's for sure...
  I've created a spreadsheet to enter in all my blood test results and CEA markers so that I can compare them to previous tests.  I know the Dr. tells me them but I would rather have a visual look at the trends right now.  I also need to create a cheat sheet for taking my pills, it's getting quite confusing the first few days when I take the extra steroids etc.  Also because I've upped the number of nausea pills I'm taking. 

Today I hope on working outside for a bit.  The rule is that I can't work on my building project without Ray around, at least when I'm working on the actually building itself, I think it's ok to be cutting and building accessories separately.  My hands and feet still are quite good, a minimal amount of tingling is perfect it's only when the numbness sets in it causes me problem. Vicki doesn't like so many rules...waaahhhhh ;-)

We received about 6 inches of beautiful white snow yesterday but there's not much left now.  It warmed up and has mostly melted with just about an inch left on the ground. 

So as you can tell it's pretty quiet and uneventful around here. I watched a couple movies last night, I haven't done that for awhile.  One of the movies ended with the saying 'that what is not given is lost'. It struck home with me and I began thinking about all the things we have to give to others that include your time, your heart, a listening ear and of course the chance for those all important 'I love you's' and hugs.  Loosing those opportunities to give back means they are lost.
Have a great day...I know I will!

signed one 'less nauseous' purple ladybug

No comments:

Post a Comment

It may be when we no longer know what to do, we have come to our real work, and that when we no longer know which way to go, we have begun our real journey.