Never Underestimate The Power of 'One'

Purple Ladybug (that's me) believes in the strong power of 'ONE'...one person, one smile, one hug or ? All it takes is 'ONE' thing to happen during your day to change the way you feel, it may be amazing or even heartbreaking. We face many 'ONE's each and every day, so join me as I take my future 'ONE' day at a time and write about my journey as a cancer conquerer and the 'ONE's in my daily life.

Friday, February 4, 2011

Day 205 - 'one' thought or more

Well can you imagine I don't have one today! LOL

It's been a long day.  Chemo was at 8:15 am this morning so I got up at 6am.  Which isn't that early normally but for some reason it seemed so early.  After doing a fast forward version of my morning routine of journalling, smoothie, breakfast, tai chi etc, etc...
we put poor Dudley back in the bedroom and off we went.

One great thing is that when you go early in the AM to the hospital there is parking and we found the cheap parking on the road, woohoo.  We arrived to find out they did not have my blood workup records.  This week I went to the BioMed Labs to get my blood done but unfortunately they forwarded a copy to my Dr. but not the chemo lab. 

It finally arrived 1/2 hour later so it was a late start to my session.  One thing that we both notice is that at every session we learn something from the wonderful nurses there.  I was told today to stay away from fibrous fruit for 48 hours after treatment, that was a new one. I ended up with my 4 shots of atropine to help with side effects, it seems to work that's the main thing.  I think with the reduced volume of treatment it is also helping with my stomach spasms and shaking, woohoo!

Poor Ray sat there trying to keep himself awake, he went for a walk or two to keep those eyes from closing.  We arrived home at 11:30, not too bad since we started late.  The dog was let out to do his business and we fed him.  Then the whole crew went back to bed.  My sleep lasted only a few minutes but Ray's lasted till 4:00, he needed it!

Tonight I begin my battle with fatigue and nauseousness by eating little snacks here and there.  Through the night I will probably feel sooo tired but unable to sleep, it's the routine. 

The base of my project is stalled and lying on Ray's workshop floor, I hope to get the hammer and complete it tomorrow...We will see.  I have a lot of little projects I'm working on to keep my mind busy...we will see. ;-)

So that's as exciting as it gets today.  It was my 7th chemo session today, only 3 more treatments and I'm in double digits!  Well it's time for some yummy green juice and perhaps some cards with my hubby.  I LOVE playing cards with the old man. We call each other names and laugh away at each other, there's so much fun in such a simple thing. Keep it simple guys, it's what we all need once and awhile.

signed 'one' lazy purple ladybug

1 comment:

It may be when we no longer know what to do, we have come to our real work, and that when we no longer know which way to go, we have begun our real journey.