Never Underestimate The Power of 'One'

Purple Ladybug (that's me) believes in the strong power of 'ONE'...one person, one smile, one hug or ? All it takes is 'ONE' thing to happen during your day to change the way you feel, it may be amazing or even heartbreaking. We face many 'ONE's each and every day, so join me as I take my future 'ONE' day at a time and write about my journey as a cancer conquerer and the 'ONE's in my daily life.

Saturday, February 19, 2011

Day 220 - 'one' wonderful life

All is good in 'Vicki' land ;-).  Got to see some of my hubbies family tonight, they are the BEST! So caring and easy going, it's great we all get along so well.

I spent the day putting major work into my project.  There is no way I could have gotten this part done with my hubbies muscles...
  As things go when you build, there were last minute changes and a run to Ray's favorite place Home Depot. 

Today I also had a brain wave.  I've been trying to figure out how to put all the things people sent me together or in a place where I can look at them anytime I want or need to.  Brainwave = I will be making a scrapbook out of them.  Not the new kind of scrapbook the old kind.  With handwritten notes and cards...it will be similar to a journal so that on days when I'm feeling down I can look at all the thoughtful things people sent me...the cards, notes, verses and positive words to just name a few.  I will be titling my scrapbook 'It's a Wonderful Life.' Yep it is!!!

I've been feeling quite good today, tried a new smoothie that had spinach, almond milk, banana and dates in it.  I was shocked how yummy it was.  Ray even tried it and said it was good!

Tomorrow I will begin to do the detail work on my project, it's the fun stuff now.  We are hoping that raccoons or skunks will not think we are creating a home just for them.  LOL

signed 'one' purple ladybug

2 comments:

  1. Date shakes are the best!Mmmm. I should try that for my iron issues. Thanks.
    Brenda

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes the spinach would be good for your iron issues. So its...one banana, 1 to 2 dates, 1/2 cup spinach and 1 cup almond milk. So unbelievably yummy.

    ReplyDelete

It may be when we no longer know what to do, we have come to our real work, and that when we no longer know which way to go, we have begun our real journey.