Never Underestimate The Power of 'One'

Purple Ladybug (that's me) believes in the strong power of 'ONE'...one person, one smile, one hug or ? All it takes is 'ONE' thing to happen during your day to change the way you feel, it may be amazing or even heartbreaking. We face many 'ONE's each and every day, so join me as I take my future 'ONE' day at a time and write about my journey as a cancer conquerer and the 'ONE's in my daily life.

Saturday, February 5, 2011

Day 206 - 'one' cold, cold shower



Yep...still got some hair and look
my double chin is returning!


Well, I've upped my nausea pills today hoping it will help.  Now I'm up to 14 pills a day, woohoo. I hate tak'n pills!

I've also added another thing to my routine, like I need more.  I've researched the effects of shocking your body with VERY cold water like polar bear swimmers...
  Research shows that the maximum healing occurs when the body is in water with a temperature below 12 Celsius for one or two minutes.  During this time the blood vessels in the skin abruptly contract, pushing a large amount of blood inside the organs.  This is called 'the natural gymnastics of the blood vessels'.  LOL  So now I'm ending my morning showers with a cold, cold rinse, brrrr. Crazy lady seems to try anything eh?

Dudley is supervising!
Today I finished the base of my project and then I am onto the front.  It definitely feels good to have a hammer in my hand.  Helps to let out the frustrations in life for sure.  Besides I love the smell of cedar, although it's not great for me to inhale the cedar dust so I use a face mask when I'm doing the sawing.

I end this post on a sad note.  The world lost a remarkable woman last night to this terrible disease.  She lit any room that she walked into, did amazing things in her life that some of us only dream of.  Dear Sue, I know you are already up in heaven taking some of those remarkable pictures you have the talent for and treasure hunt'n and fish'n to your hearts content. Please know that you have made a difference in any one's life you came across and you will be deeply missed. Take care wild one!

signed 'one' sad purple ladybug

2 comments:

  1. I hope you feel better soon.

    Love Brenda

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so sorry to hear about Susan's passing, Mom. Our thoughts and prayers are with those left behind to miss her.

    I love you!

    ReplyDelete

It may be when we no longer know what to do, we have come to our real work, and that when we no longer know which way to go, we have begun our real journey.