Never Underestimate The Power of 'One'

Purple Ladybug (that's me) believes in the strong power of 'ONE'...one person, one smile, one hug or ? All it takes is 'ONE' thing to happen during your day to change the way you feel, it may be amazing or even heartbreaking. We face many 'ONE's each and every day, so join me as I take my future 'ONE' day at a time and write about my journey as a cancer conquerer and the 'ONE's in my daily life.

Friday, February 18, 2011

Day 219 - 'one' hammer and nail


My yard is coming along...

Yep...there is a car in there!
It was a glorious day in the Lower Mainland.  Sun, sun, sun and the warmth of 5 degrees. It gave me a chance to get out and work on my project while Ray did some moving of stuff in the garage...
  Ray is trying to find his 'other' comet to start working on and I'm trying to put together my ...ooops almost said it.  It's not exciting to others but the picture in my brain is something that makes me smile and that's what matters.

There it is! I see a comet
A day of hammering and sawing does a little number on my hands.  I've been very lucky since I took my one chemo session break, my hands and feet aren't bothering me much.  I anticipate that a few more sessions they will start to bug me again but right now its wonderful to have feeling in my fingers and toes...hey isn't that a song.  It goes, "I feel in my fingers and I feel in my toes, I wrap my arms around you"...now who sings that? Sorry, my mind wondered there.

my project
I'm getting very used to my freezing cold showers, every shower I need to put it colder and colder to ensure I get that shock the cells happening.  I can see how a person gets conditioned to go in very cold water now.

Today was the last day for my chemo pills, woohoo!!!  My energy level seems to be increasing which is normal at this time of my pills but I'm hoping its because I'm changing my food plan again.  I'm trying to incorporate more raw foods and cut down a bit on the wheat and see how my tummy does and of course to see if the results of my lab tests improve as well.  I have a favorite coleslaw that I make now for lunch or a quick dinner.  It's made of cabbage, carrots and then I make a dressing of avocado, lemon or lime, mustard seeds and water...so yummy. I also have some yummy desserts to make, I'll let you know which ones are good.

So as you see a fun and uneventful day.

signed 'one' happy purple ladybug




No comments:

Post a Comment

It may be when we no longer know what to do, we have come to our real work, and that when we no longer know which way to go, we have begun our real journey.