Never Underestimate The Power of 'One'

Purple Ladybug (that's me) believes in the strong power of 'ONE'...one person, one smile, one hug or ? All it takes is 'ONE' thing to happen during your day to change the way you feel, it may be amazing or even heartbreaking. We face many 'ONE's each and every day, so join me as I take my future 'ONE' day at a time and write about my journey as a cancer conquerer and the 'ONE's in my daily life.

Thursday, February 24, 2011

Day 225 - 'one' chocolate a day

woohoo! Yep the Dr. told me today that I should have one chocolate a day to feed my brain the sugar it needs.  Well I admit she didn't exactly say that but that's what I want to do. 

We were talking about all the gimmicks there are out there on the market to 'cure' cancer.  Again, I LOVE my oncologist...
 We laugh we talk about each other's lives and she admits that my case is boring and that's a compliment.  She looks forward to my appointments because we sit and do the yak yak about many interesting things.  She tells me about her family, her trips, her life and we tell her about ours.  I always feel better after leaving the office.  I ask her about the crazy stuff I read about and she tells me her opinion.

As we prepare for my next round of chemo we always do a lot of driving around picking up food, prescriptions and just general stuff the day before.  I felt sorry today for my pharmacist.  He's starting to recognize us when we come in and likes to serve us personally.  He was asking how many rounds of chemo I will be doing and we explained that there is no set limit, its just until my body decides its enough or I do.  He didn't know what to say except that he's never heard that before.  You see I'm special ;-)

Another blessing in this journey is how much Ray and I can talk about anything.  There were times in our marriage where we have avoided talking about things because they would just cause an argument but now we talk about everything and on a very honest level.  He lets me know how he's doing and so do I.  It's wonderful to have such an amazing relationship with my fella.  In life it's only until things go wrong that you spend the time to make it right...LOL

Well tomorrow I will start round 8 of chemo.  Good grief it's at 8:15 in the morning.  It's really a rush to get everything done before we go, I still think we should go in our jammies. 

signed 'one' loving the chocolate purple ladybug

No comments:

Post a Comment

It may be when we no longer know what to do, we have come to our real work, and that when we no longer know which way to go, we have begun our real journey.