Never Underestimate The Power of 'One'

Purple Ladybug (that's me) believes in the strong power of 'ONE'...one person, one smile, one hug or ? All it takes is 'ONE' thing to happen during your day to change the way you feel, it may be amazing or even heartbreaking. We face many 'ONE's each and every day, so join me as I take my future 'ONE' day at a time and write about my journey as a cancer conquerer and the 'ONE's in my daily life.

Sunday, February 13, 2011

Day 214 - 'one' way or another

ahhh so which way do you go? That is what was on my brain last night.  Each day seems filled with much to do but am I doing what needs to be done? Tests tell me yes, my body tells me yes but yep its the brain that's in constant struggle with the thoughts of am I missing something?  Something that will turn this all around quickly...
nope I've got to be patient and like the tortoise and the hare, if everything seems to be working in the right direction then I will continue to take the little steps every day and enjoy the road as I travel. 

I've spent the last few days with kids, cake and laughter.  So much fun! The next birthday's are in March.  I love it when there are so many birthdays and reasons to celebrate. The anticipation of opening gifts, the food that you chomp on together and then the yummy, yummy cakes and goodies.  oohhhh so yummy!

I was pondering the idea of how a person becomes a more thoughtful person?  Do they constantly work on things for others? Do they instinctively know when they need to do things for others? Do they also automatically know what others need?  You've met this type of person...they listen to every word you speak, they come up with great ideas of what to do when you get together and they know when its time to just hang out.  That's my girls...I watch them often as they are on call 24/7 for their families.  They answer every question that gets asked, every 'I'm hungry' that gets said and are constantly reaching out to others where ever they can.  They amaze me.

Most of my days are spent just on me and that seems very selfish at times...but I know I must.  It warms my heart to just watch my girls and take pics of them in action when ever we can.  As life dictates when you get older a shift happens where your kids start taking more care of you then you of them.  This has happened earlier than I have wanted but I'm think'n they are enjoying it.  They ask us constantly 'is there something you need?', can we get this for ya, that for ya...what about this? and then there's the stuff that just shows up.  Yep the shift has happened. 

So when you look at your little ones and feel overwhelmed by their needs...know that in the future all that will change and they will take pleasure in helping you when you need it.  Just make sure you let them cause it's a natural shift of life and something that will give them and you much joy!

signed 'one' cake filled purple ladybug

No comments:

Post a Comment

It may be when we no longer know what to do, we have come to our real work, and that when we no longer know which way to go, we have begun our real journey.