Never Underestimate The Power of 'One'

Purple Ladybug (that's me) believes in the strong power of 'ONE'...one person, one smile, one hug or ? All it takes is 'ONE' thing to happen during your day to change the way you feel, it may be amazing or even heartbreaking. We face many 'ONE's each and every day, so join me as I take my future 'ONE' day at a time and write about my journey as a cancer conquerer and the 'ONE's in my daily life.

Tuesday, February 8, 2011

Day 209 - 'one' year ago

Well it's been that long since the true first day of my journey.  Day 209 marks the days since diagnosis but today marks a year since my body started to show the true signs of something being not quite right. The thoughts of only have the flu is a distant memory of what was truly going to reveal itself. 

Besides all the turmoil it has been a year of discovery. Of learning how to deal with emotions from all over the place.  With every day I discover more about who I am and what is ever so important to me. 

A couple weeks ago Ray showed me a picture of the outside of our house all decorated for Valentines
Day.  It made me feel good and wish that I had continued that tradition. So yesterday we spent some time putting up some old and new decorations.  What a blast.  It all went up sooo easy.  Lots of hands make easy work for sure.  We even had 3 young teenage girls come to the door and tell us how great it looks.  I LOVE that...

So if I look back a year, it's been an adventure.  What the next year will hold I don't know and I'm not trying to predict.  I only have dreams and wishes and I know that I need to feel a certain way every day.  Happy that is, happy that there is today, happy about memories of yesterday and happy that my journey has allowed me to discover that slowing down is such a wonderful gift.  A gift to enjoy life, love, family and friends.  So slow down and look around...you don't want to miss the specific 'gifts' in your life!

signed 'one' settled purple ladybug

2 comments:

  1. That picture with you and half of your family is beautiful Vicki!!!!

    Brenda

    ReplyDelete
  2. You know, I was just talking to James about one year ago. Seriously, we talked about it just two nights' past. I was thinking about how much things have changed in a year, good and not-so, and what we didn't know then...

    It was only a year ago that we were all lined up to watch the torch bearers run by! It was only a year ago, me with my pregnant belly, and you with your sore one, and we still managed to make so many memories during the Olympics...and even so now amidst all the hard 'stuff', we keep making more.

    All I can think about is how much I love you and how I pray that God will give us another few decades of making memories...we are really good at it, wouldn't you say?

    I love you, Mom! Maybe next year we will look back and it will feel just as surreal - because you are doing even better than we could imagine. Keep surprising everyone with your strength Mom...I for one am not surprised, just proud as ever.

    ReplyDelete

It may be when we no longer know what to do, we have come to our real work, and that when we no longer know which way to go, we have begun our real journey.