Never Underestimate The Power of 'One'

Purple Ladybug (that's me) believes in the strong power of 'ONE'...one person, one smile, one hug or ? All it takes is 'ONE' thing to happen during your day to change the way you feel, it may be amazing or even heartbreaking. We face many 'ONE's each and every day, so join me as I take my future 'ONE' day at a time and write about my journey as a cancer conquerer and the 'ONE's in my daily life.

Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Day 217 - 'one' off switch please

I wish I had a 'off' switch...one for my ever crazy brain.  Good grief will it ever end? The continuous questioning of whether I'm doing the right stuff, how can I make my life better and I just can seem to get much done in a day. 

These are the same questions I asked myself when I was 20 and now I'm 50 something...
[good grief that sounds old!] and the questions never change. I would like them to change from questions to answers.  But the brain seems to be on a constant quest to complicate life.  I fight it with every thing I have to keep life as simple as I can. 

Today was an interesting day...I seemed rather emotional.  I'm think'n it's the post effects of the funeral I went to yesterday but maybe it's not that complicated and it's just a day like others when the emotions go up and down.  Poor Ray helps me ride the roller coaster and he thought PMS and menopause was bad! LOL

I read something the other day that hit home for me... 

Strength and dignity are her clothing, and she smiles at the future.  She opens her mouth in wisdom and the teaching of kindness is on her tongue.  She looks well to ways of her household, and does not eat the bread of idleness. 

Miss Hannah - ooops!
I wonder if there is such a 'perfect' person.  I wonder if there are rules to life...you know, if you treat others with respect they will treat you the same.  If you love someone they will love you back.  If you work hard towards something it will work out.  Nope, that's not how life works. 

Sir Jacob
So we live each day to be the 'best' we can, not perfect by far, but we try to do the best and hope that that's good enough.  Good enough for ourselves and the others in our life.  So where can I find my 'off' switch for the brain that just won't quit questioning life and making it WAY more complicated than it needs to be.  Ahhh they should invent such a switch or even a pill! LOL

signed 'one' turned 'on' purple ladybug - better than being 'turned off' right? ;-o


2 comments:

  1. They do make those pills but being 'turned on' is so much better than being 'turned off'.

    Love Brenda

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ray suggested some special brownies...I'm not quite there yet, yet, yet ;-)

    ReplyDelete

It may be when we no longer know what to do, we have come to our real work, and that when we no longer know which way to go, we have begun our real journey.