Never Underestimate The Power of 'One'

Purple Ladybug (that's me) believes in the strong power of 'ONE'...one person, one smile, one hug or ? All it takes is 'ONE' thing to happen during your day to change the way you feel, it may be amazing or even heartbreaking. We face many 'ONE's each and every day, so join me as I take my future 'ONE' day at a time and write about my journey as a cancer conquerer and the 'ONE's in my daily life.

Tuesday, February 22, 2011

Day 223 - 'one' more change

Camper girl...and her doggie.
We're making plans for camping in 2011 woohoo!
Yep, I'm making another major change.  This one is by choice not by force.  After talking about the horrific accident in Coquitlam last night, Ray and I discussed me giving up driving while I was in chemo.  I have found with this last session my chemo brain is getting worse.  I sometimes have a hard time getting words out and completing thoughts and sentences.  Every once and awhile I'm finding I get a little off balance...
more than my normal. ;-}

So we decided that in the best interests of me, my family and others on the road I will not be driving my 'sweet pea' while undergoing chemo treatments.  It don't make me happy, its really hard to do but sometimes you have to make decisions that are the best for everyone else.  The responsible decision.  I would never forgive myself if something happened when I was behind the wheel and didn't have 100% of my attention on the road.  It's like the cell phone. Of course I can't believe the number of people that still think they can talk, text or look at their cell phone when driving, it's disgusting.

So there we go...Sweet Pea will be used every now and then when we need her but for now until the tests show there is no more 'c', I won't be driving. It's a bummer, now there's an old persons lingo, I enjoy driving but not if there is a slight chance that something can go wrong it's not worth it. 

My legs will have to start moving and I will start bothering my guy more but that's ok he really doesn't mind ;-) and my kids will drive me anytime I ask.  But in the last few months I find I drive less and less.  I have lots of projects going on at home to keep me busy and then there's this blog.  It keeps my brain busy LOL.

My camper guys, aren't they handsome!
Another good change is coming about.  For some reason my hair has stopped falling out and has started filling in again.  Must be all the 'green' juice I'm drinking.  The texture of my hair is changing too, its getting softer.  Before it was very course and wirey...yuck!  So I will start to grow my hair again.  Now we are not talking about LONG hair, not even MEDIUM length hair just hair that is longer than an inch off my head like it is right now.  But we will see how it looks.  It figures that my hair would start to grow, I just ordered '3' wigs LOL.  So funny.  Now if I find I don't need them I will donate them to the 'c' clinic. 

So some good changes some not so much fun but I go with the flow and know that as I work on getting better there will be many changes yet to come but taking each one as they come with ease and grace will be my aim.  Bring it on...

signed 'one' drive less purple ladybug

1 comment:

  1. My Dad got awesome hair when it grew back after his chemo. All grey mind you but lots of it and nice and soft. He is 75 and has a full head of silvery hair.

    Love Brenda

    ReplyDelete

It may be when we no longer know what to do, we have come to our real work, and that when we no longer know which way to go, we have begun our real journey.