Never Underestimate The Power of 'One'

Purple Ladybug (that's me) believes in the strong power of 'ONE'...one person, one smile, one hug or ? All it takes is 'ONE' thing to happen during your day to change the way you feel, it may be amazing or even heartbreaking. We face many 'ONE's each and every day, so join me as I take my future 'ONE' day at a time and write about my journey as a cancer conquerer and the 'ONE's in my daily life.

Thursday, February 17, 2011

Day 218 - 'one' push for the tush

That's the name of the Colin Cancer Canada's walk coming on June 5th this year at Jericho Beach.  I checked the calender and the date works great for my chemo schedule, it's on the weekend before my session.  Woohoo and the old man is off as well, double woohoo!

Today was our Valentines Dinner for each other. Ray got me some cheesecake and I made him a lemon meringue pie. Then we made bbq salmon, smashed tato's, carrots and turnips smushed together...yum, yum, yum.  We had sooo much fun, I forgot to take my pill completely.  Oh well, I will have to have some more food to take my pills...hmmmmm perhaps another slice of dessert! shhhh don't tell anyone, I promise I will bounce bounce bounce like TIGGER more tomorrow.

I was doing some reading today and ran across something that was interesting.  That colon cancer is the most preventable major cancer there is.  So why is it so prevalent...cause we don't want nobody rooting around our behind yes?  Sorry to be so graphic.  People don't want a rotorooter in places that they don't belong.  But really people, you ain't even awake.  You catch the gizmo out of the corner of your eye but don't really realize that thing is going into places you don't want to think about.  I wish for everyone 50 or over to get your AS- into the el-doctor'o and get this done.  Getting cancer is crappy but getting colon cancer is really crappy! 

my new lamp in the kitchen
I wonder if anyone goes to talk to the senior centre's or where else can you get in front of the 50 and over crowd.  Perhaps we need a mobile rotorooter to go from one location to another.  Or a DIY one...but seriously, they estimate that in about 5 years that a blood test will help diagnose colon cancer.  Wouldn't that be the cat's meow, then people will have no excuse. 

I wish I had been stubborn, I wish I had been smarter, I wish I had been the relentless bitch that would not give up until they figured out why my tummy gave me so many problems for soooo long.  But I wasn't and I'm still not and there's no going back, only forward. 

So spread the word, tell everyone you know that they would get a plumber for their household needs, so why don't you run to get one for your butt BEFORE you actually need it! That's my rant for today.

signed 'one' puckered purple ladybug

3 comments:

  1. Had an Appointment yesterday, put it of 'till April. Men are not used to this sort of thing! I know, I know.....Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mmmmmmmmm! That pie was GOOD! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Silly man...at least April is not that far away. Get it done dude! HUGS back at ya.

    ReplyDelete

It may be when we no longer know what to do, we have come to our real work, and that when we no longer know which way to go, we have begun our real journey.