Never Underestimate The Power of 'One'

Purple Ladybug (that's me) believes in the strong power of 'ONE'...one person, one smile, one hug or ? All it takes is 'ONE' thing to happen during your day to change the way you feel, it may be amazing or even heartbreaking. We face many 'ONE's each and every day, so join me as I take my future 'ONE' day at a time and write about my journey as a cancer conquerer and the 'ONE's in my daily life.

Friday, February 25, 2011

Day 226 - 'one' smart nurse


Getting my treatment - 3 1/2 hours of sitting.
Not so scary eh?

Yep I had one of those at treatment today.  You see for the last few times I've been gett'n a quadruple dose of Atropine to stop my tummy being upset...ok I'll say it straight, diarrhea. I get the first shot automatically before the I.V. starts and then the next shot after I get symptoms by running to the bathroom a couple times...
  Cause I need to disconnect my I.V. pole first it does send me for a panic that I might not make it. Sorry to be so graphic.

So I started thinking about my theory that if you prepare for something it won't happen.  I have been bringing extra under garments and it didn't seem to help, so I put on the big guns this morning.  Hopefully you know what I'm talking about.  Sorry again for being so graphic but it worked!

My chemo-sitter. LOL
My chemo nurse decided that as per the last few times I've had it done, she will give me the second dose 1/2 an hour after the treatment starts before I get symptoms.  Doing it this way will help me from getting the symptoms first, and that's not fun, then getting the medicine and waiting as it takes time for my body to recover from the...well you know.  It worked = smart nurse.  She told me to tell them to do it like that always.  It's the same way for nausea you don't wait till you get it really bad before you take the medicine.  You take it as soon as you feel some nausea and then it works faster as apposed to waiting for the awful nausea symptoms to go away.  I hope that makes sense to you.

I introduce 'Baxter', he's part of the
family now.
Someone I need to introduce you to is 'Baxter'.  He's been a close friend for months now.  Ray does know about our friendship and he's OK with it.  He gives me what I need when I need it. Now don't think bad thoughts...see the picture at the side, notice the name of the machine...that's my Baxter.  He goes with me everywhere, makes me feel better and is always there when I need some extra drugs, LOL!  He even goes to the washroom with me and I don't let just anybody do that ;-)

signed 'one' tired purple ladybug

No comments:

Post a Comment

It may be when we no longer know what to do, we have come to our real work, and that when we no longer know which way to go, we have begun our real journey.