Never Underestimate The Power of 'One'

Purple Ladybug (that's me) believes in the strong power of 'ONE'...one person, one smile, one hug or ? All it takes is 'ONE' thing to happen during your day to change the way you feel, it may be amazing or even heartbreaking. We face many 'ONE's each and every day, so join me as I take my future 'ONE' day at a time and write about my journey as a cancer conquerer and the 'ONE's in my daily life.

Tuesday, August 2, 2011

Day 382 - 'one' CT scan

Now doesn't that sound exciting? Yep today was CT scan day.  I haven't had a CT in over 3 months so I'm kinda eager to find out if anything is happening...did you hear KINDA? 

It was very quiet in the hospital today and we got quickly onto the treadmill of hallways, chairs, beds and 'follow me's'...
 I was smart this time and wore a pair of pants that did not have any metal pieces in them so I could leave my pants on, woohoo!  They now have you wearing the robes and jammy pants and as I said before I can't imagine many people fit into those, they are SO small.

It's always interesting to go into the prep area and look at the ceiling.  Yep, I said look at the ceiling.  The ceiling has paintings on them and each time I go there is a new one.  Today there was one sitting on the floor and it was a beautiful reflection of birch trees in a lake.  The nurse said a 12 year old painted it.  I think it's terrific when kids figure out a young age where their talents are.   Some of us are still looking, LOL.

After the prep room comes the CT scan, everything was routine until I spotted the blood splatter all over the inside of the machine.  ahhhhhhh.   Now my brain is going as to how that happened, perhaps they wore some metal and the machine did it's magnetic pull, gross!

As they pump the contrast into your body you feel this strange warmth everywhere and they always remind you that you feel like you are peeing but really you are not.  But this time something was different.  As the contrast made the gurgling sound as it passed through the syringe and into my body I actually could feel the warmth in my throat.  Now this is new!  So I figured with the new gizmo inside of me that wonderful contrast decided to take new routes.  Ahhh the wonderful taste of metal has been stronger than ever today.  Yuck!

CT scan done, check.  Off to get my chest Xray now.  Routine, routine, routine...except we noticed a new sign in the hallway.  That's one thing you seem to do as you wait in rooms and hallways, you read all the wonderful signs posted everywhere.  Usually they are teaching you how to sneeze, cough and the all important 6,789 people have touched this door handle.  But today we saw...'no parking in front on the window'.  Now we are not talking about vehicle parking we are talking gurney parking.  Yep no parking your sick body in front of this window, I wonder what they will do if someone does,   Give you a parking ticket? LOL

So yep, a boring day.  Mind you hearing that my bro made it through surgery today with flying colors was definitely a highlight.

signed 'one' I don't like the taste of metal food purple ladybug

No comments:

Post a Comment

It may be when we no longer know what to do, we have come to our real work, and that when we no longer know which way to go, we have begun our real journey.