Never Underestimate The Power of 'One'

Purple Ladybug (that's me) believes in the strong power of 'ONE'...one person, one smile, one hug or ? All it takes is 'ONE' thing to happen during your day to change the way you feel, it may be amazing or even heartbreaking. We face many 'ONE's each and every day, so join me as I take my future 'ONE' day at a time and write about my journey as a cancer conquerer and the 'ONE's in my daily life.

Sunday, August 7, 2011

Day 387 - 'one' loud scream


The most beautiful purple orchid, just like the
person that gave it to me!

that's what I let out the other night, one loud scream.  I was sleeping soundly on my favorite foamy in the family room when I woke up to this loud buzzzzzzing in my ear.  It was the sound of that wonderful mosquito that has been driving me batty in this house.  I think I gave Ray quite the scare though, I do make weird noises when I sleep, that's another blog, but screaming isn't one of them.

Then I starting thinking about that mosquito that I dared to bite me because I thought my chemo blood would do him in, the nurses at the clinic informed me that was unfortunately not the case.  A mosquito would survive getting a little blood from me.  So what happens when a mosquito decides to take some blood from my body? Well it's gets a whole lotta steroids, no wonder this mosquito looks so fat.  He's laughing at me because with every bite he gets stronger...
we now have a new mascot in the house.  Welcome 'Muscle Mosquito' ta da, he has come to save the day!

Do you think I have too much time on my hands? Actually I've been pretty busy the last week, this last session hasn't been bad at all.  Maybe it's the idea switching to another recipe in a few weeks that makes me appreciate the lack of side effects of this one.  I should have never mentioned putting away my wigs, now with the new protocol one of the side effects is hair loss.  We may get to see what weird shape my scalp is after all!

I've been working a bit in the my lavender garden at home.  I unfortunately made a BIG mistake and hung bird feeders in a couple spots in my garden, now there's grass growing everywhere, even in my dry pond.  So I need to remove the pond rock by rock and clear out all the dropped bird seeds so my pond doesn't look like a rocky lawn.

Tomorrow is chemo day.  It's #16 right?  Some days I remember things, some days not so much.  But that comes with age, I can only blame the chemo drugs for so many things.  The results of my blood tests yesterday were good, so my platelets are high enough to have another treatment, woohoo!  My weight has climbed up a bit this session, I seem to be staying up and down within a 10 lb window, not too bad.  My hubby's holidays are over now and we did some day trips to beaches and mountains but camping wasn't on the agenda.  We thought perhaps in September but with a new protocol starting then I don't think going camping with mosquito's and using outhouses would be a great idea.  We are still hoping though. 

So as you can see not much exciting going on here, although I'm working on my videos now for my project and having a lot of fun in the process.  What a ham eh?  Please send some good vibes my way for my session tomorrow and some good thoughts that my tests come back normal so I can move onto a new protocol to knock this stubborn cancer out of me.  First time I actually want to be normal! LOL

signed 'one' liv'n life purple ladybug

2 comments:

  1. You are in my thoughts Vicky, hope all goes well!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm pickin' up good vibrations! I'll ship 'em all your way for tomorrow. Give it Hell Lil' Sis, I have no doubt you can do it!!!!! Hugs, "Brain Damaged" Papa Bear

    ReplyDelete

It may be when we no longer know what to do, we have come to our real work, and that when we no longer know which way to go, we have begun our real journey.