Never Underestimate The Power of 'One'

Purple Ladybug (that's me) believes in the strong power of 'ONE'...one person, one smile, one hug or ? All it takes is 'ONE' thing to happen during your day to change the way you feel, it may be amazing or even heartbreaking. We face many 'ONE's each and every day, so join me as I take my future 'ONE' day at a time and write about my journey as a cancer conquerer and the 'ONE's in my daily life.

Saturday, August 27, 2011

Day 407 - 'one' can only look forward

It's been an interesting week.  A little drama, a whole lot of insight and lots of confusing thoughts.  But we're moving forward now.  Focusing on those that truly show they care and realizing that a year later from my original diagnosis I am surrounded by smart, intelligent, BIG no HUGE hearted, loving, beautiful people that push me when I need it and pull me back when I need it to.  Who could ask for me...
I mean really????

My home is filled with piles here and piles there and there and there and there.  It's filled with a air of excitement as Grandpa finds real treasures for the little ones to seek out with his metal detector.  We are wondering how it will all fit in the van but we will make it fit because we have to.  The weather looks great for the days we are there and plans to visit a working lighthouse is in the works.  I'm really not sure who is more excited me or the kids!

Kids are amazing.  They always have their eyes focused in the right direction, forward.  What do I see looking forward, nothing but great times, family, friends, giggles, laughs, tons and tons of pictures and a constant face cramp from smiling so much.

So soon we shall go on an adventure that will create memories like no other.  For each of us this feels like a trip so long over due.  I wish you could ALL join us at Gramma & Grandpa Survivor Camp 2011 cause it's real and it's what life is all about.  Stay tuned for a few pictures.

signed 'one' foot off the ground and rising purple ladybug

No comments:

Post a Comment

It may be when we no longer know what to do, we have come to our real work, and that when we no longer know which way to go, we have begun our real journey.