Never Underestimate The Power of 'One'

Purple Ladybug (that's me) believes in the strong power of 'ONE'...one person, one smile, one hug or ? All it takes is 'ONE' thing to happen during your day to change the way you feel, it may be amazing or even heartbreaking. We face many 'ONE's each and every day, so join me as I take my future 'ONE' day at a time and write about my journey as a cancer conquerer and the 'ONE's in my daily life.

Wednesday, August 3, 2011

Day 383 - 'one' failed attempt

to have a picnic on top of a mountain. We thought we would have a fun adventure day and do a picnic on Seymour Mountain, well we thought it was a good idea.  Today was a beautiful clear day so we guessed that the views from the top of the mountain would be amazing...nope, too much smog in the air to see much.  We arrived at the top to have the truck surrounded by crazy dragster bees! Really dragster! They wanted to race the truck, we were side by side with bees on both sides of the truck for at least 50 feet...
  I think they saw the fresh meat arrive and were determined to have their share. 

purple ladybug heading
up the mountain
Then we got out of the truck once the bee dragging received the checkered flag to find a massive amount of flies flying, landing, buzzing and smacking into our face and head...yep 'Fresh meat' on the mountain was quickly being passed from one insect colony to another.  So off the mountain we go. I think I'm more of a city girl than I realized.

We then attempted to go to a great beach in the area at Cates Park...nope, construction was everywhere you couldn't even get into the park...So off to home we go. 

On arriving home I always check the porch for parcels and you know how much I like parcels.  Low and behold there was this BIG fluffy white envelope, hmmmm this doesn't look like it's clothes from Old Navy.  Opening the bag and then oh, oh...here they come, the flood of tears.  Inside was a beautiful handmade quilt from an amazing friend.  It's so pretty! It even has purple plaid on it.  It shall travel with me everywhere.  Sniffle, Sniffle.

As you know tomorrow is Dr. day and we will learn if my new chemo recipe is working. We were sitting playing cards later in the day and I asked Ray, "if my results tomorrow are good and I'm well,  life will get back to the way it was, what will you miss?" We both thought for a few minutes and agreed that we don't want life to go back to the way it was.  We want to continue to spend as much time together as we can and work together to make a home and family we can be proud of.  We don't care about money, bigger houses and making sure we follow the rules, it's spending every moment together we can that makes everything OK.  We never thought that would come out of either of our mouths a couple years ago, but we have learned, although the hard way, the value of time!

So stay tuned, tomorrow I will post the saga of my dr. appt, unless we have grabbed the first cruise to Hawaii!  LOL

signed 'one' optimistic purple ladybug

No comments:

Post a Comment

It may be when we no longer know what to do, we have come to our real work, and that when we no longer know which way to go, we have begun our real journey.